Tetris Price Cut

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by nintendude, Jul 10, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

tetris is now 9.99 from 14.99

2. macrumors 68020

poppe

I'll give you a dollar maybe two dollars for it. I just bough monkey ball instead.

3. macrumors 6502a

Good to hear, $14.99 was bit too much.

4. macrumors member

I've noticed a number of price adjustments. I don't think the application authors had a chance to see what others are pricing before they had to pick their prices.

I expect that the most expensive consumer apps will be $9.99 and that most will end up being priced at $4.99. Apps by the big web service providers, like AOL, eBay, PayPal, Skype, etc. will almost always be free.

I won't be buying any apps over $5 until the pricing settles down and there is enough web buzz for an app to justify a higher price.

5. macrumors 6502

The developers probably lowered the price of Tetris, because it has only been downloaded 117 times, compared to almost 11,000 for Super Monkey Ball. Even at $9.99, Tetris is too expensive. Same for Ms. Pac-Man. Those old school games need to be below $4.99.

6. macrumors 6502a

is it any good? if i would have known about it i would have got it instead of cro mag, can i get my money back in anyway from that?

7. macrumors 6502a

carve

I'd spend maybe $7 on tetris. I'm going to get super monkey ball instead

8. macrumors 6502a

This is just my luck.

I am okay paying $9.99 for good games, but when I saw that this price was $14.99, I was like, "Hell no!". But I still put it on my "list" of applications that I want. But later last night, my mom came home from a trip and she was giving my sister something and she pulled out an iTunes gift card for $15.00. I asked her whose it was and she told me no ones since she bought it for someone and never got a chance to see them and now she never sees them. So she told me to give it to my brother. I told her that he does not use iTunes and she said, "Well you keep it then."

So I was like, "YES! Now I can buy TETRIS!!" Now I come on here to buy it today, and it says $9.99. I know that I can still buy it with the gift card, but that is not the point. LOL

9. macrumors 68000

Keep in mind that Tetris is one of the most played classic game. :/ They put it that high cause they can.

10. macrumors regular

I wouldn't spend more than $5 on Tetris. Won't I should say.

11. macrumors 6502

sure they can but seeing 117 downloads they realize that consumers are not going to let them RAPE you for these apps. Good for us. We can control the market. I think all these apps should be 9.99 or Less.. I also think that most of these guys are getting a wake up call charging 4.99 for a program that does tips when there are free ones out there as well :) lol Ill never pay for these kinds of apps.

Ill go Jailbreak and enjoy those for free.

12. macrumors 68020

poppe

Classic or not. I'll give them $1. $5 is to much... Just all seems a little ridiculous for Tetris; I love tetris.

13. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Even $10 seems high. I'd do $5.

14. macrumors member

Tetris and Pac Man would be better priced at $4.99 I think.

15. macrumors regular

Aurora Feint is better for free! Awesome music and graphics and Love the accelerometer use as well