TETRIS - Who loves it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mike dunx, Oct 15, 2006.

1. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I love this game. My favorite version is the original for gameboy. It's also pretty fun on my iPod too. Who else loves Tetris here?

2. kretzy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

kretzy

I'm a complete addict - always have been. I had the Gameboy version which was good. I use Quinn on my PB now which is also pretty good. I think the best version I ever played was Super Tetris on my LCII, it had bombs and other cool stuff.

3. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty addicted too. I used to get bored in class and then I would just start drawing tetris blocks and fitting them together on my paper. It would get pretty intense at times.

4. Steve Jobless
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

lmao^

is there a tetris for osx? the other game options suck

5. Lau
    Expand Collapse

I love Tetris too, and Quinn is great for playing it on the Mac. I do think the old Gameboy cross pad is the best for playing it though. It's just the most simple perfect game ever, and satisfies any OCD tendencies I have to line things up. :p I also like playing games to have a think, and this is one of those games it's nice to lose yourself in and have a think about stuff.

There's a good widget called Mini Dropper (they also do many other nice mini things) that is a good simple way to play it if you're running Tiger.

6. SamIchi
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I *raises hand*

My favorite version was Tetris DX version for gameboy; it had a couple new modes. Played that one a lot.

7. Cybix
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Cybix

tetris rocks. I play it a fair bit on my DS Lite. i even had a bash at playing against others over the internet... I got whipped. I thought I was good at it, I dont stand a chance online! crazy fast. :rolleyes:

8. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse

As of now I have a gameboy emulator for my computer where I can just play tetris full screen with a usb game controller I have. It's pretty fun.

9. zap2
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

zap2

I'm a fan....but my friend is a NUT!

He has it on his iPod, and plays it all the TIME....he played it on my DS lite, and loved it.

10. apfhex
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

apfhex

I do. Multiplayer Tetris DS is the best! :cool: Although the Nintendo music gets a little old. I want to hear some of the classic music in mutiplayer.

11. adrianblaine
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I also first got addicted to the original gameboy version. I used to play it so much (on road trips) that I would find myself playing it in my head when not playing it on the gameboy. Kind of a funny feeling actually and made it really hard to fall asleep...

12. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse

Tetris mania.

Has anyone heard the cover of the Tetris theme song performed by Ozma? I think it's on their web site.. It's called Korobeiniki but it's basically the Tetris theme in a rock song. I showed this song to my brother and he was playing the theme on his guitar for weeks.

Here's the link

13. Silentwave
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

my sister was tetris-obsessed when I was a young pup. We'd play it on our original 'fat' gameboy (first the gray, then the clear). She took it with her to college so I only got to play occasionally. After a while, though, I got a phone with a Tetris demo. I couldn't buy it because it was on my mom's business acct. and we couldn't get the purchases to work properly. Finally I got a phone after a while that it worked on and I wore out my thumbs in the process. I subsequently got Quinn for my MBP when I heard about it.

14. Foxglove9
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I love Tetris! Still one of my all time favorite games. I like Bombliss a little better, I used to play it on Super Nintendo for hours.

15. Mavimao
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I have my old GBA in the bathroom with the original GB Tetris in it in lieu of magazines. I love that game so much.

16. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse

Haha, I have mine in the car. Bathroom sounds like a more convenient location though. I'd probably just end up taking 2 hour craps though.. so I don't know if that's such a good idea.

17. solvs
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

solvs

Open Terminal. Type emacs. Hit the ESC key, type x, type tetris, then hit return.

Quinn is cool too though.

18. ReanimationLP
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I love playing Tetris on my original NES system. :D

19. jdechko
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

Hooray for Tetris. I wore that thing out on my Gameboy. :D

20. Dagless
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Core

Dagless

After playing the DS version to mad I can't go back to the GB version. too slow, too rubbish IMO. Though folk get fickle about Tetris. Theres 1 good version and a million bad ones. so it seems!

21. mike dunx
    Expand Collapse

I should check out the DS version. Being able to play online against people sounds like a fun feature.

22. AdeFowler
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Same here. I'd actually dream Tetris. Haven't played for years but I'm considering getting it for my 80gb iPod when it arrives, but I'm scared of the nightmares :eek:

23. slackersonly
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

Quinn is great on my iMac.
    Age must be slowing me down. I cannot get close to scores that I put up 5-8 years ago.

24. kretzy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

kretzy

Just out of curiosity what are people's high scores? Mine's 182,423 from 284 lines in Quinn.

25. astewart
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

My Girlfriend is a Pro at Tetris.....I Suck, :rolleyes:
    She use to play the version that was on the N64...I know there is probably more then a few but I forget the exact name. :confused: