Texas housewife busted for selling erotic toys

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Giaguara, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/12/16/MNGEA3O52I1.DTL

Don't the police have anything else to do? :rolleyes:

And what the fsck is wrong with the toys? :eek:

2. vniow macrumors G4

Hmm, maybe Texas wouldn't be so bad to live in after all..

Nice prices too.

Although I've never heard of a "Jelly Julie", anyone know what exactly that is?

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

no, but i could take a guess. :cool: It has batteries and soft lips... I'm guessing it's supposed to simulate... real lips? :eek:

4. vniow macrumors G4

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Tupperware-style parties? Now that sounds like fun! How do I get in on that racket?:D

Ah good to see the morality police are still riding high though. Wouldn't want women actually enjoying sex! Heaven forbid.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

things were so much better when they were forced to get clittorectomies :p

paul

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

what was illegal about this??? just another example of big brother coming at us and big brother wanting us all to support the screwed up legal system. I mean come on , they have so many laws and interpetation of laws that we all are criminals. i doubt there is a person alive that hasnt broke some stupid law.

8. Makosuke macrumors 603

You know, I try not to say insulting things about Texas, but as if the whole bannana republic joke with redistricting wasn't enough, now there's this--paid police officers taking time out of their days to execute an undercover sting operation against a woman selling sex aids to MARRIED COUPLES (which is what the cops were posing as).

I thought I lived in a first world nation, but I'm begining to wonder. I may live in the state with the Governator, but at least I can still buy some lube without getting arrested.

9. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

green lahma

wow, nice avatar vniow

sure it's not just an unpaid tax investigation?:confused:

10. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

must... resist... gropenator joke....

11. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

I wish Texas would just secede from the union. :rolleyes:

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Maybe there's some kinda weird law that goes against this sorta thing...like not spitting on the sidewalk or something bizarre? :rolleyes:

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

thats exactly what it is....

it goes under their anti-sodomy laws.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You do know what sodomy is right? 'Cuz a vibrator doesn't necessarily go in that hole....

Sounds to me like they are going after her on obscenity grounds.

15. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I am not aware of the entire reach of their laws, but I read somewhere Texas was one of the last states to still have anti-sex toy laws...which fall under their antisodomy laws...dont ask me! i aitn a politician ;)

16. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Do YOU know what sodomy is? It's any form of intercourse deemed to be "unnatural"... it doesn't have to mean anal intercourse... and by definition, anything that takes batteries is "unnatural."

That said, I still think there is nothing wrong with these sorts of parties. There are many companies all over the country, and presumably the world, doing them, and this is the first time I have heard of any sort of legal entanglement.

17. Makosuke macrumors 603

Nope, it's actually NOT the anti-sodomy law that's the issue; the relavent item would be this, paraphrased from the link below:

"Obscene devices", defined as anything "designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs".

Ironically, this statute apparently doesn't apply to many far more exotic sexual aids, which seem to be legal in Texas.

This article from the Austin Chronicle (as well as other, somewhat raunchier ones I've read), mentions that to buy an artificial phallus from a legit store in Austin you have to sign a release stating that it is an anatomically correct condom model for educational purposes only. Right.

[mature commentary] http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2000-08-11/xtra_feature2.html

Texas is one messed-up state.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Although I would imagine if a foreign object is involved, a woman could sodomize another woman.

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Texas' (and other states', by extension) sodomy laws were struck down as unconstitutional in the case of Lawrence v. Texas earlier this year.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The saddest part of this is we have missing people outthere, we have murderers running around, carjackers, thieves, burglaries and arsonist and they are farting around chasing a saleswoman selling Dildo's. our tax dollars hard at work making another innocent tax payer a criminal. we dont need a police state we need some common sense something govt does not have.

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

It seems to be lacking in other places too :rolleyes:

22. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Cops in Texas must have solved all of the murders, rapes, robberies and burglaries for them to start busting people for this.

:mad:

23. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

you must be right. and one more thing i guess they dont have any illegals coming over from mexico:eek:

24. Giaguara thread starter macrumors 6502a

.. unless the mexicans use dildos, of course. :D

25. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Alt. Defs.

(n.) Carnal copulation in a manner against nature; buggery.

sexual perversion, perversion - an aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal intercourse

Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality

More...

See, it's not all it's cracked up to be. :D