TextEdit bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mechcozmo, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Found an interesting bug in TextEdit. Default window size and everything. Was using the number-list feature. The line came to the end of the window, but when I typed a space it went back up the the previous line and back one word.

Insertion point redone in red to show up better. Pretty odd.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Try to reproduce it, and send a email to apple explaining the bug. I'm sure they have a but email address, or the ability to report on built somewhere into Mac OS X.

3. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The feedback page does not include TextEdit. Doesn't have Safari either, interestingly enough.

I have the file, saved at the point where the bug occurred. I can upload it if people wish to see it.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Safari has bug-reporting built-in, a vestige from the beta days. Safari menu-->Report bugs to Apple.

As for TextEdit.... perhaps try the OS X feedback page, as it is a default app?

5. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Safari should still have a feedback page. I know about the bug reporting, but what if I want to ask for drag-able tabs and the ability to save all open tabs in a window? Those aren't bugs, but requests.

TextEdit... I'll try the OS X feedback page. I can understand why it doesn't have its own feedback page, on account of the simplicity and size, but it would be nice to have a way to submit feedback on "Other Apple Applications". Feedback, eh?