TextEdit Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by irain, Dec 18, 2005.

1. irain macrumors regular

irain

When I try to open text edit... The application opens... But, instantly. It doesn't show up in the dock or anything. And the information doesn't appear in the menu bar. Why is this happening?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try deleting (or moving or renaming) the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.TextEdit.plist (where ~/ is your home folder).

And for editing text TextWrangler or SubEthaEdit is much better... ;)

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Hmm, this is really unusual. Have you deleted anything that could have been a part of the application??? Maybe try re-installing it (it should be somewhere on your OS X disc).

4. texasgrey macrumors newbie

text edit problem

after using text edit everyday for a long time, today it will not automatically change the font in either plain text or rich text when I copy something and paste to text edit. My preferences are set to change the font to helvetica, but it just copies and pastes in whatever font the copied text is in. I can go in and change each text edit manually, but then i get a different style (i.e. the margins and such are different)

I have tried to reset preferences and shut down and re-opened, etc. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Ken