Texting lights up Glasto's tents

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Jun 26, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

hahahahaha quality... :p I could have done with one of these when I was last at Glastonbury coming back totally mullered after seeing Underworld rock my world.! :D

Really.... Orange are just too cool! ;) :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3841819.stm

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is very interesting. Now you can still be connected while camping. Also having the advantage of solar power, This sounds like a real trend in camping.

3. KiDrOck80 macrumors member

KiDrOck80

4. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

As long as they make sure they light up different colours so you know which one is yours! The ringtone idea is a very bad one, that would be incredibly annoying. Maybe have one of those things that waves around and makes words appear in the air.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very cool stuff :D

Something like this could also be used for your car in a large parking lot.......and I'm sure there are plenty of other applications.

D

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Great minds think alike... I heard about this technology on Friday, and we thought it was novel... Then yesterday we were at an amusement park, trying to find our car in the lot, and I realized: if i could text message my car, and have it sound the horn twice or flash it's lights, how cool would that be? The remote's "panic" button works well for this, but only at 30 feet or less... if it was built on wireless, it would always work as long as the car is in range of a tower. I hope they make some sort of add-on, I'd surely get one...

paul

7. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

The innovation never ceases.. (great find, by the way!)

Actually, this is one reason I wish Apple would get more involved with mobile phone hardware/software, it's a much less evolved area that desktop computing, with a lot more scope for innovation. Perfect territory for Apple.

8. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    An invention for making life easier for drunk people with no sense of direction.....

Man, it kinda makes you proud .... If ONLY Apple sunk half their R&D behind stuff like this .... :rolleyes:

9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

An invention for helping people find their tent among tens of thousands of others in the dark. I'd consider that a genuinely practical application of technology. Admittedly, it's no 'faster search functionality' like Tiger has (shudder with excitement...) ;)