Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tannutuva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
After installing Mavericks, I noticed that pdf texts are blurry in Preview. Anyone faced with the same behaviour?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 8.27.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 8.27.59 PM.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 970

tannutuva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
It's either the PDF itself, or you're not at exactly 100% zoom.

Unfortunately every pdf I tried has the problem. It also does not seem to be related with zoom levels. Interestingly the problem does not occur if a pdf is opened in safari.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
If you've obtained Mavericks through the usual channels -- Apple Developer or Apple Seed, then you should have methods of informing Apple about this.

leecbaker

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2012
New Zealand
Yep, definitely not fixed in DP4. It seems like if I zoom just right sometimes, part of the view is blurry, and other parts aren't.

paulgazz

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2013
Looks like it's fixed in DP5

Had this problem too. Just installed DP5 and the PDFs don't look blurry anymore. I compared to safari just to make sure, and preview.app looks the same.

antoniogra7

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Had this problem too. Just installed DP5 and the PDFs don't look blurry anymore. I compared to safari just to make sure, and preview.app looks the same.

I confirm it. Now I can finally stop using the slow and clunky, although sharp and clear :D, Adobe Reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.