TFT Custom games

Discussion in 'Games' started by K4NN4B15, Aug 22, 2004.

1. K4NN4B15 macrumors member

I have a 1ghz g4. It runs warcraft very fast with all settings on high. DOTA in warcraft three loads in like 5 seconds but both DOTA, EOTA, and any other custom games I try in TFT lag like hell on load. It takes like 2-3 minutes and i always get dropped before the game loads. It is like my machine is trying to load the map in world editor instead of w3 thats how long it takes. does anyone else have this problem?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

What are DOTA/EOTA?

And you sort of contradicted yourself, I think:

3. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Three things:

1. Your wire dsl or cable?

2. Your memory more is better (duh)

3. Have you joined team G5(all mac clan)

4. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

by warcraft 3 I mean RoC

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Well, do you have the latest version of TFT? Log on to Battle.net and it will make sure you have the latest version. Also, if your Warcraft 3 install works fine, but not TFT, I would suggest reinstalling Warcraft 3 + TFT to make sure you didn't get a corrupt install.

6. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Well, it's evident who the War3 players are here.

1) It doesn't load anything into the map editor... I have no idea why you'd think that.

2) DOTA is a huge map. On my G5 it takes a considerable amount of time to load, I'd say 1:00 to 1:30. So you should naturally take longer.

3) TFT has more textures, models and units to load than regular ROC. Patching won't change this...

4) The reason you're getting dropped is because War3 does not distinguish between CPU lag and real internet lag... so if your CPU sucks, and you are taking a long time to load, War3 servers may think you have timed out, in which case you get dropped before the game begins.

5) Only solution to not getting dropped from larger games is get a faster computer.

6) I'll play you in DOTA sometime if you want.

7. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

Im guessing its some trigger problems in dota 6.whateverb. No one else goes directly to score screen when game loads?

8. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

I've never dropped.

9. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

A 1ghz G4 might just be too slow to load an enormous map, especially if you don't have enough RAM (512 minimum). If you're running on a Powerbook or iBook (which I will assume you are) then your hard drive also isn't helping this problem any, since the data for the map is loaded on and off the hard drive, but laptop hard drives are much slower than desktop drives.

10. pilavdzic macrumors newbie

I drop on load as well

I have a Powerbook G4 800 with 1GB of RAM.
    I played every dota version so far without any problems at high graphics at 1024x768. Until version 5.78. About 80% of the time I go straight to scores screen. The remaining 20% of the time it works. This is a pain in the ass for both me and people I play with, becuase 80% of the time they have to start a new game.

Also, I have tried turning all graphics to low, going to 800x600, turning off sound and everything.

The only solution I found was to host a game. If I host, everythign works great. I hope they fix the bug in the dota map that makes it lag the whole computer as soon as you even select the map from the games list on battlenet, and stops the loading process at about 20% and waits there 99% of the time, then zips through loading everything else in about 5 seconds thereafter when it gets unstuck from there.

I can load normal Warcraft 3 maps in about 10 seconds. So DOTA is screwed up, and I'm pissed because I like dota, and no one plays the older versions that work for me anymore since 5.78.

If someone reads this that has a workaround, or if you have a no-cd patch for mac so I don't have to lug my cd around everywhere taht would be appreciated. Only 1 key can be used on battlnet at a time so it is clear I bought the game. I don't want to carry around the stupid CD everywhere.

Thanks.

P.S. I put that new 7200 rpm hitachi drive in my computer, and did tons of other stuff to beef it up, and my computer is FAST. So don't talk **** about 800 mac Mhz being so slow. The new ones are only 1.5 and don't have half the **** mine does. So what if the bus is 33% faster. Thats all they have over mine. So, as a software developer I can easily say that if 800Mhz is too slow, the map is horridly inefficient. Mabe its all those retarded sounds and millions of heros none of which work properly. Some of them even have the same keyboard mapping for different spells. Others are just glitched and yet others are horribly imbalanced. I'l love to see anyone play against me with Treant for example. Even if you pick which hero I can use I can still at least double your score and win in the first 20 mins. Some heros just BLOW, and its not about how you play that one. There is not catch, there is no good way to play him. He just isn't good.

So people, stick to OLD Dota. It works, and its far less imbalanced and buggy. Oh yeah, and it loads.

11. gordoz macrumors newbie

i have the same problem with my powerbook g4
    it used to not drop very much, and not if i restart before the dota game, but now it has started happenning every time. i have 512 mb memory. and warcraft is the only thing open at the time. please anyone how should i fix this?