Thank god for wireless and a nice day!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cwedl, Apr 3, 2006.

1. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Well, I gave up posting on this forum for lent but have sadly given in, nevermind. I have locked myself out of my house and my mum won't be back for another hour (So i won't break in) Luckly I had my laptop and my phone with me. Armed with wireless I am sitting on my front door step happily using my wireless router! It's lovely outside, not too hot not too cold, a rareity for england. I should do this more often! (go on thw web outside that is, not lock myself out of the house) Just hope my battery lasts!!

Moderators - Feel free to delete this thread, just though I would share.

2. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

i wish that i could sit on my step and use my wireless, unfortunately, i would probably be mugged within a couple of minutes. oh how i do love London

3. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I did that a couple of times. I would drag my laptop outside and sit under the tree. It was nice. Although in my neighborhood, flashing that I have an abundance of technology is a good way to get my house pilfered.

4. cwedl thread starter macrumors 65816

cwedl

hehe, I live 40 minutes south of london, luckly no one can see me from my front door due to the long drive I have! the sun is slowly going down, and its getting a bit nippy now! hopefully only 15 minutes to wait!

5. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

How splendid! I would love to sit outside (not today, though, since it's a bit cloudy and drizzly), but loitering or sitting on the stairs at my complex is prohibited...not to mention that the smokers smoke around there so it's not the freshest of places. I guess I'll have to stick with just opening the blinds and windows in my office on the sunny days....

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I always do this..living in a big city and to add the fact that i live with roomates so i'm always on the steps with my laptop....just gotta watch out for the thugs trying to jack me.:(

Bless

7. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I've been seen a few times sitting on a nice spot on the edge of a wood (about 1.5 miles away from my house), picking the 6th Form's WiFi with a cantenna :) Tis a good place - it's pleasant, there's good WiFi, and it's in the sorta place that's accesable, but you aren't going to get anyone mugging you

8. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

My brother and I take our PowerBooks outside whenever it's warm and sunny enough. We have a deck and a porch and everything and our wifi covers it all (thanks to me *cough*) except for out by the garage.. which would be a cool place to sit.

No one's going to mug us here, thankfully..

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

10. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Don't the muggers know by now that people using Mac's are bad S.O.B.s?

11. MacHarne macrumors 6502

That's the spirit! ;)

12. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

As soon as it stop raining here in Oregon (it will probably stop in June, at which point it will become unbearably hot until the end of September, when it will start raining constantly again until June) I'm going to figure out how to put together our hammock, then sit in it with my new macbook, assuming it arrives before June, even though it was supposed to be here 6 days ago.

Until then, I remain, along with all of Oregon, very, very pale.

13. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

You mean when it's not like it has been the last few days...I thought we were all gonna die when I saw that solid line of red and purple coming at the area last night on the radar.

Anyway, apparently we've got some kind of industrial-strength -.11G router in our house, because the things in my basement and I can get a clear signal on the second floor of my house, or on the very edge of the property...so I use my laptop outside all the time.

14. nw43 macrumors regular

Yeah, I have to agree. It's nice to be outside reading MacRumors (well apart from the fact that I'm having to use a dodgy Dell laptop and can hardly see anything because of the sun!)

Anyway, hope that this is finally the end of winter - it's been going on long enough!

15. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

16. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

It's sunny here, but still pretty cold...and very windy. :(