Thank you, Crucial.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iGary, Mar 14, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Just wanted to publicly thank Crucial for a quick, no questions asked return on a bad stick of RAM for my iMac, which kernel panicked with any video after the addition of a 512 stick.

Called Thursday, new stick here today, flawless and beautiful operation now.

Not wrecking on anyone that buys bargain RAM, I just always have such good experiences with Crucial. This is the first bad stick in about 10 I have bought from them, and no questions asked return.

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

The support at the OWC is also great. Glad Crucial handled it quick and well.

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yeah when I bought 1gb of ram for my G5 powermac crucial had insanly fast delivery. I ordered Sunday and had it Tuesday afternoon and I'm in Canada!

So although crucial's not nessarily the cheapest on the face of the planet I'd certanly do business with them again simply because everything was so smooth and fast.

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I just ordered a SuperDrive from them..hope so!

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

When I was getting RAM for my PB 12" I called them both to ask questions. OWC was the one that seemed to be the most knowledgeable and helpful. Maybe because they deal only with Mac stuff.

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I really like their "How To" Quicktime videos.

I knew it wasn't a big deal to do, but I wanted to see HOW hard the installing a second optical drive was before I bought the thing; that was what sold me.

MacMall IMO is confusing, although they do have an impressive selection.

OWC wouldn't have my business if it wasn't for this place - they should have MacRumors on its "How did you hear about us" drop down in the order process.

Only time I see doing anymore business with OWC may be for a hard drive, but hopefully I'll have a REV C PowerMac on my desk by then. I talked to the signifigant other about it last night and they said "you just want another toy," and I said "So?" :D

I actually will nedd a dual PM by the end of the year, my digital workflow is such that the actions are starting to bog down my wonderfull MDD G4.

</ramble>

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I had the same experience with Crucial RAM bought from Newegg. 2 days to get new stick after asking me exactly what chip my iMac G5 shipped with so they could match it.

8. tommy.hanks macrumors newbie

I've always had really good experience with Crucial as well. In fact they are the only company that I will order memory from.

9. paco taco mike macrumors member

paco taco mike

same here, i have yet to experience any problems with their products/service.

-mike