Thank you for the Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Dane D., Oct 24, 2005.

1. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2004
    One of the responses.
    Saw this on DSLReports 10/24/05. Thank god I don't have to deal with all that crap on my Macs. It's amazing this guy's computer can even function given all the antiwhatever 'ware running. Sorta like taking a perfect high performance automobile engine and choking it with emission controls. I run a cable modem to a router/switch only and leave my network up so that I can quickly transfer files without having to turn file sharing on. Plus, if I am not mistaken, Macs don't suffer from all those various 'wares. Poor PC souls haven't a clue as to what it is like to run at full speed.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I always think it's funny when I'm setting up a PC and it's really quite fast at first but as soon as I run that antivirus installer it quietly drops off. Those things are hogs, and understandably so.
  3. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I just think it's disgusting that to maintain a Windows machine you need to run a SpyBot and an anti-virus program. Under normal usage this crap accumulates and completely bog down the system.
  4. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I agree with iDM, it's terrible to have to run all of that on a computer, completely ridiculous. Just think of all the things you could be doing during the time it takes to run all those programs and scan your computer. Makes productivity go way down.
  5. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    leo laporte is da man. i like his show Call for help, and do agree maintaing a PC is a bit of a hassle esp with firewalls :mad:
  6. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I love how Macs are no-maitenence computers. I used to have to run adaware on my parent's PC every month and let it clean up 100s of spyware files. Now that they switched, not anymore. Their computer will work just as well a year from now as it did the day they bought it without me touching it.