Thank You MR! I love my Macbook! (w/pics)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kkarb, Mar 2, 2007.

1. kkarb macrumors newbie

I just wanted to thank everyone at MacRumors, you guys are awesome and a great help. I bought my blackbook last Saturday and I've been loving it the whole time. Just the general ease of use is a relief after using Windows for so long, although its going to take some time to learn all the new little nuances. This forum was a tremendous source of help, and I made generous use of the search button often. It's just really nice to know that there is a strong community backing my purchase, really helps the nerves when going out to spend that much money.

So, yeah, anyways, ha, thanks!:D

Oh and of course pictures, because you can never have too many pictures.

This is Macbook!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

It's sitting on my art desk right now, but I'm pretty much using it all around the house, and obviously I have to move it when I draw.
    [​IMG]

And open...
    [​IMG]

Oh, and one last thing I guess. I'm going to need to get some sort of case for it. I'm kind of leaning towards two options, an applesac and a techshell, or an axio case and a bestskinsever. I'll probably still get the trackpad and wristress skin even if I do the first option, so if anyone has any advice, that'd be cool.

2. jonharris200 macrumors 6502

jonharris200

Congrats, from one proud new blackbook owner to another! :D

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Oh that looks sweet. Congrats man.

I might join the MacBook or BlackBook club later this year myself.

4. klb028 macrumors 6502

You took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't of said it better myself. :)

Congrats on the new BlackBook! :D

5. phil83 macrumors regular

I Wish...

I wish they made the macbook pro in black:D
    Enjoy you're computer!
    Oh and I have the applesac an it is very nice, I have the original and it kind of has the hippie look to it, but has a very nice organic contrast to the industriel look of the macbook:apple:

6. drmike macrumors member

Congrats on your new MacBook! I recently switched to Mac as well; got myself a white, 2.0 GHz model. Don't know why I waited so long to switch. :)

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hey OP, I love your wallpaper (on the MB), anyway you could post a link to it? :D I loves me some Audrey Hepburn.

8. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

First time I've seen a black MacBook beyond the images on the Apple site. What a nice piece of kit! I wish you well with it. :)

9. Wordy Dirts macrumors newbie

10. kkarb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! I do believe that I am in love. The first time I installed an application I thought, is that all? :p

Oooo, thanks. I am definitely leaning towards that way. They just look so cool. Plus, I think it would disguise my Macbook better. The axio case looks like you would put something expensive in there.

Of course! Anything for an Audrey Hepburn fan! Charade is my favorite movie of all time. I mean Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn? You can't go wrong.

http://theway.fateback.com/images/charade_1280x800.jpg
    If it gives you an error, just copy and paste, it should work then.

11. tundotcom macrumors member

I have the bestskinsever for my MB and I highly recommend it.

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yup. Same here, and the fact that I was even "capabale" enough to install software myself was surprising. :eek:

Actually, Charade isn't my favorite Audrey movie, but that's okay. :p And yeah, you were right, error from the hyperlink, but copy&paste did the trick. Thanks!

13. oober_freak macrumors regular

Just when I convince myself that I shouldn't get a laptop for my Masters degree later this year, I see pictures of the Macbook, and I start thinking of buying one.
    :p