Thank You, Mr. Reid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xsedrinam, Feb 18, 2007.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

For succinctly voicing what many have thought,, said and believe for some time now. I hope the mantra sticks like ugly on an ape or as an arm patch reminder for the present administration to wear on their conscience as they sit on their respecitive porches of retirement. We've lived with the vexations of poorly thought out, failed foreign policy for too long. Thousands have died from it within a matter of seconds. They've left a legacy void of legs.

Attached Files:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

about time.

can't believe that people still argue that Hussain was a threat. he wasn't.
    was he a cruel dictator? yes.
    but the situation is now worse than it was when he was in power. this war hasn't done one shred of good in my eyes.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Saw that article just a bit ago, and I thought, "Yes! Somebody in power if finally saying it."

It's been voiced by bloggers, news analysts and forum-goers like us, but it's nice to hear it from somebody in government.

4. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Worst President Ever.
    and twice in a row, too.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And then, he let's them all go into recess. Just when I start to like the guy, something like this happens, and I'm all disenchanted. Big theater, big speech, then nothing. No follow though, nothing. Pretty much like every Dem.

I want so much to support someone, but they all continue to let us down.

6. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

It's President's Day in the U.S. Happy President's Day. :p

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, we don't know what happened with the Senate. Reid may have counted up all the votes and found that there weren't enough senators willing to hang with the Democrats, no matter how long he held that chamber "hostage".

I'll give you that Reid doesn't have the fire of Nancy Pelosi. But give them both a chance. The House is actively discussing how to limit Bush's war powers. Let's see what happens. If they fail to advance anything, then I'll be disappointed.

I just wish the Dems had a bigger Senate majority. It looks like that's going to be the body that holds up the Democrats making any progress, what with them having a one vote majority and all, plus having to contend with quislings like Joe Lieberman.

8. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'm also holding with the "let's give'm a chance" line.

It's also fitting that the White House spokesperson disputing Reid's claim is named Snow. That word has found its labeled red mark on many a term paper which lacked either adequate content or fluid thinking. "The War was needed because we had to oust Saddam", [while we waffled off the track of UBL, abanonded Afghanistan], and provided incorrect data to justify actions taken.

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Sorry, but Jimmy Carter and Ulysses Grant have a lock on that title for the foreseeable future.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would have to agree, he has made so many poor decisions, has been such a blatant tool for the corporations. We know that the intelligence on Iraq was they had nothing and he & Cheney were making up reasons to get us into Iraq. Bush calls himself a Christian, Its a lie. But also the blame is on the republiccan ran congress who let Bush do anything,anything at all it didnt matter if he was grabbing people,torturing people or loosing 12 billion dollars in Iraq let alone the 400 billion its costing us. Anyways I can no longer support the party of the Rich. Its going to take 1 more election to remove more of the GOP.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Good thing that none of us work for corporations. I can't imagine how a president could associate helping corporations create jobs with helping the proletariate. Down with corporatations and jobs and up with urban farming! Oops. Started to channel Mao there for a minute.:eek:

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sorry, Swarmlord- Bush takes the title bigtime. I lived through Jimmy Carter, and he wasn't this bad.

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

History will be the judge of that and given bushco's dismal record, I think it's safe to say that he'll take the #1 spot.

14. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

When considering U.S. "worst Presidents", I ususally consider the whole package (Cabinet) and those he/she chooses to surround them. Pitting George W. Bush/Dick Cheney and the horde of Cabinet members who've bailed for whatever reason, against Jimmy Carter /Walter Mondale and theirs, it's a no-brainer.

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

regarding carter, i think a lot of people see his presidency as largely ineffective (despite his work at Camp David and with the SALT talks).

but bush's administration has been a catastrophy. how i *wish* that bush had simply been ineffective.

16. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I'll call Bush and have him bring back the gas lines, the weak military, the 13% interest rates on mortages and the high unemployment rate then. Maybe Bush could even give away a vital interest like the Panama Canal while he's at it. At least it will take your mind off the Iraq war.

I lived during the Carter administration and it was the closest thing to the Great Depression we've had and that was confirmed by my relatives that lived through both.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Infinitely preferable to getting 3000+ American soldiers killed by faking evidence, creating a de facto terrorist state in Iraq, completely ignoring global warming, a raft of other lies and incompetence that have come out of this so-called administration, and even possibly gross negligence that allowed 9/11 to happen.

I don't even buy the line about the Depression. This is the highest jobless period since then. Not one new net job created under Bush.

Carter was worse than this? In what parallel universe?

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'll call Bush and ask him to bring back 3100+ dead American soldiers.

But of course Carter was worse. There were GAS lines. :rolleyes:

19. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Sorry, but the real numbers show differently.

http://www.bls.gov/

As for the troops and the 3,000 people killed in 9/11, I'll blame the muslim fundamentalists that blew them up.

20. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Carter (with the exception of his fatigued colapse pic....which btw seems to have been pulled from every fathomable running site), seems to have better running form, and I'd guess his pace to be a minute or so per mile quicker. So, that's a +1 for Carter :)

Attached Files:

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh...thomas and mac, I'll let you go for the jugular on this one. My blood pressure just went through the roof. ;)

22. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not as long as there's still a Millard Fillmore!

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-pendle19feb19,0,6448182.story

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Gas lines? The first gas lines occurred in 1973-74!

The reasons both times was OPEC deliberately jerking up the price of oil, not the presidents in office. The recessions and high inflation ran throughout the '70s, under three presidents.

As for the Panama Canal -- hands everyone -- who misses it?

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

(sharpens his fangs)

That's just the main page for the BLS site. Here's a source regarding the net jobs claim. It's a few years old, but I don't know of anyone who's updated it since then. I highly doubt in the last three years we could have surged ahead to overcome these kinds of stats anyway.

And speaking the obvious: yes, insurgents shot and blew up our soldiers, but Bush sent them there.

Thank God for my HCTZ. ;)

25. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ah, so it was worth going after Iraq which had no proven part in 9/11 and let all the troops die because of the attacks on the US. if the war was against terrorism, i can assure you that people would not be upset about it, since we'd actually be going after those that killed innocents here. but... to blame and justify the losses that we've taken by fighting in Iraq on 9/11 is just insane.

there was no reason to enter a war.

why haven't we caught Osama Bin Laden yet? HE should've been captured and the primary focus after 9/11