1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Thank you to Arn and the MR staff

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by FloatingBones, Feb 8, 2012.

1. FloatingBones, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Thanks to Arn and the staff for their reporting about the problems with Snow Leopard and PowerPC software this weekend. I was helping a SL user who reported that MS Office 2004 started hanging unpredictably. This was rather baffling to debug until I found these reports.

I remember when Apple announced the Intel machines in 2005. I was shocked at the seamless operation of Rosetta. That took a tremendous amount of engineering and QA/test to have that transition work so smoothly. There may have been glitches with some PowerPC software, but I never saw any of them -- until a few days ago. I'm certain Apple has put measures in place to not drop the ball on this again.

For better or worse, users will be running old software. I read MR to stay up on the industry; getting a clue on the root cause of this problem was just bonus territory.

Thank you.

2. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Well, if thanks are being handed out, let me add mine for MR's providing information about the recent Lion delta 10.7.3 software update screw up..

Aside from supplying a forum where the problems could be posted quickly, informing the less sophisticated among us (read: me) a place to be alerted to watch for problems, MR also made it easier for the unsophisticated among us (read: me) to easily download the combo fix.

Now. I suggest we take care about all these compliments. Arn et al will get swelled heads and demand that we start calling him Your Majesty, demand time off to actually have a life, and begin to insist that all posts make sense. Disaster!!! :rolleyes: :D ;)

3. macrumors G5

Macman45

^^

Post's making sense? Sounds good to me...:D

4. macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

The Withings body scale can be configured to auto-tweet your weight. Is there anything that will auto-tweet your head size? :p