Thanks Arn for hosting a great Apple Event!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stelliform, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

For those of us without access to Satellite dishes or access to a broadcast location, when an apple event comes out we have to depend on the internet. I personally enjoy the hubbub of the event and the scrambling to find out everything as it happens.

I just want to thank Arn for fighting with IRC crashes and scrambling to post everything for us as he found out. I personally was in IRC on EFNet listening to a mirrored posting of what was being posted on Kronos net which I couldn't get in to.

I had a great time, and really enjoyed the event. Thanks Arn for putting forth the effort! Keep up the good work!

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i agree thanks for the great coverage arn..... also thanks to thegeek187 and NM30 for their exceptional participation

3. andrewlandry macrumors member

absolutely, thanks. this is my favorite site and it was cool to be able to see live details of the keynote while at work today :)

4. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Couldn't agree more

This site rocks, and was THE place to be for the play-by-play. Kudos to all involved...I'm proud to be a member.

5. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Appriciate all of your time and effor. MRhat worked great.

Only bad thing is halfway through the event today I stopped getting updates and could no longer connect to the net. I'm on DSL and I call the phone company (I was at home today) execpt the phone wasn't working either. About 5 minutes later the phone rings. It's the phone tech guy informing me that the phone was working again. Thanks.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah arn...

Without this site, my life wouldn't have as much meaning. ;)

Seriously...u did a very nice job man. U went out of your to maintain things here during the announcements, and did a great job keeping the site stable during the aftermath. :D

thanks...

7. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Yeah man, it was great, i was sitting in the lab, and every time i walked by the computer it was refreshed with some new great news...thanks a lot!

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i went down to UT to see it... they had wireless in the room and i could have updated you guys, but they required a UT ID. too bad :( then i was out all day with my friends and missed all the postnote action. hope you guys all had fun ;)

9. PowerBook User macrumors regular

This site is outstanding! Not just during Apple events, but all the time. Arn does a great job mantaining this site. Thanks so much!!!

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I appreciate the thanks guys...

There were a lot of people who stepped up this time though - the IRC ops... (especially Knox really provided a lot of tech support during the IRC issues.) the people who volunteered to provide audio feeds etc...

I think MacRumors/Chaosmint could have been better configured... so for next time. :)

This was definitely the largest and most anticipated Mac event that I was a part of... and I think the rumors actually held up pretty well... with notable (but not surprising) exceptions.

arn

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Yes, I enjoyed both the IRC coverage and coverage from the chaosmint.

You did an outstanding job arn. Thank you. It does not go unapreciated. Keep up the good work.

I would also like to thank those who helped with the news coverage. I'm not quite sure exactly of who they were, but thanks anyways :).

[​IMG]

12. medea macrumors 68030

medea

yes you definitely deserve some praise, good job.
    and thanks.

13. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Yes, thanks for all the time everyone put into this. The IRC chat was a great idea.

Thanks to arn and everyone involved! :)

14. Skandranon macrumors regular

15. dornball macrumors member

yeah, thanks arn.

this is my favorite mac site.

hats off.

-dornball

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Kudos to arn for a job well done. This is a great site! I greatly appreciate the imput of everyone, it's very educational!