Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isidorus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
HiYa,

After reading all the threads about ibooks vs powerbooks, I had made up my mind to purchase a powerbook. Anyway I walked into the local Compusa to buy a new printer scanner combo, but ended up a powerbook instead.

They offered me the floor model with a savings of 500 bucks. So I got it for $2000, what a deal.

Best purchase I ever made. Loving every minute of it.

now if I can find a mac replacement for Html-kit.

Regards

Isidorus

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Woah! 500 off because it was a floor model? Does this pertain to all models, or is it proportionate to the original price? Like I'm assuming you couldn't get an iBook that was originally, oh say, $1200 for $700, could you? And do all stores do this? I might have to consider it when making my next purchase... Especially on desktop models, as they don't take near as much wear and tear as the lappys.

And I too would like to hear about what kinda PB you got. How much RAM? Which GPU? Superdrive or combo?

james.sumners

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2005
Technology stores typically knock off a certain percentage for floor models because they are hevily abused. They also only sell the floor model when it is the last one they have available and need to make the sale. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the floor model was the last generation of the Powerbook line and Compusa needed to clear out its stock of that line to make room for the new revision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.