Thanks Everyone!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by josta, Nov 10, 2006.

1. josta macrumors member

Aug 2, 2006
    I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on Macrumors!

I ordered my C2D MBP 2.16 matte yesterday afternoon. I went stock after talking with the computer support people for my department *located convenienly across the hall* and they said they can help me put in more RAM and if I ever need it will do a harddrive swap as well. I am going to spend the extra money (that I didn't use upgrading those options) on an external harddrive to back up, something I've never done before :eek:, as well as a nice sleeve and some other fun accessorires. This will be my main computer and it is going to replace my current, if you can call it that, HP pavilion notebook, 20gb, 700mHz PIII processor!

My new mac is scheduled to arrive sometime between the 15th and the 22nd!
    Thanks everyone!
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Congratulations! I hope it's the start of a love affair! :)
  3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    Yay! you will be soo happy! However AFAIK you cant change the HDD in the Macbook Pros yourself without voiding the warranty. :( They aren't like the Macbooks in that respect. So yeah... just so you know. Changing the RAM is ok though!:)
  4. josta thread starter macrumors member

Aug 2, 2006
    Yep. I thought about that. I work mostly with photoshop and data files. If I ever need to increase my harddrive, it will hopefully be quite sometime from now and most likely my mac will be out of the extended warrenty by then. If it gets full before then, I'll have all my old data/photoshop files on an external harddrive which I keep at my lab anyway. I'm 2/3 of the way through my grad school and am just now filling up 20gb, so hopefully I won't run our of hardrive space in the next 2 years :D (when I'll be done with school)