Thanks for being there during the switch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bigwave, Jul 25, 2004.

1. bigwave macrumors newbie

well I am on my way to be a very happy guy. My friend bought his 15PB about 3 months ago and I have been drooling over it ever since ( not actually onto it... made a special drool bib to prevent me from hurting this beautiful machine ) I am starting school in the fall and so I thought it was time to get a notebook. All I wanted was the 12" ( for portabilty ) and nothing else. My folks tried to get me to get regular PC notebooks, but through research ( some done right here ) and elsewhere I was able to convince them that the PB was the one. ( especially with the student discount )
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the replies to threads out there that answered my questions before I even had to ask.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED
    I just ordered it on Fri night and have only so far recieved emails confirming that apple is processing and what not. NOT EVEN A TRACKING NUMBER YET ( hopefully tommorw )

I just got the 12"PB in the box. I will be upgrading in the future to 1.2 gb of memory ( to run Virtual PC for school programs ) but just don't have the cash right now

ARGGGG WILL IT EVER GET HERE

2. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Congrats on the switch!

Welcome to the community.....of which I'm not a member yet either....still waiting for my g5!

3. papersushi macrumors regular

Welcome to the family! (With Italian mafia accent) :D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Welcome to the other side!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the differences--at least, the many positive ones. Just be sure to check your preferences. That seems to be the switcher's last resource and the first where they should look. ;)

5. papersushi macrumors regular

Another lost soul was saved. I feel like a missionary everytime I covert a PC user to Mac.

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah, welcome to the dark side :D
    I wish you all the fun I am having since I switched beginning of this year.
    Just make sure not think in a windows kinda way(where is the most obscure place I could look to change sth.) but rather like "where would a complete computer idiot look for what I am looking for". Do this and you should be fine. When I stopped with the former and went with the latter everything went smooth. :D

7. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

8. itsumo macrumors member

I found this as well. You sit there thinking "Well, I'll have to go through all the arcane Windows malarkey to change this simple thing", and you DON'T. At first it is a bit scary but after a while it just feels kind of liberating...

9. FriarCrazy macrumors regular

Congrats on the Switch! I just went through the SAME THING myself... Feels good, dosen't it? My only recommendation: Don't ever go to the Apple store more than once a month, you WILL be tempted to buy something. I told myself no more Apple products this summer... Then I bought an iPod and Airport Express.

10. U2Rules! macrumors member

Agreed......I bought my first mac 1 month ago (powerbook), since then I've bought a Brenthaven bag, wireless mouse, Silver iPod Mini, Marware sport sleeve for the mini. Today I ordered a mini iPod dock and tomorrow I'm going to check out some speakers. Speaking of which.....Does anyone have any recommendations for some speakers? I've heard good things about Klipsch.

11. crossed-over macrumors member

Another lost soul was saved. I feel like a missionary everytime I covert a PC user to Mac.

I always feel like Neo in the Matrix when I convert a PC user. Isn't it a great analogy? All those sheep out there just have no idea that they are living in a false reality. The Matrix = Windows!

"Free your mind"

Welcome to the community, I can still remember the day when my first mac showed up on my doorstep. Wow great memory!