Thanks for the advice, pulled the trigger!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ghostee, Mar 15, 2004.

1. ghostee macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004
    Villa Park, IL
    After months of mulling it over and posting numerous threads asking for advice, I finally pulled the trigger and made the switch to Apple! Last night I placed my order on the Apple EDU store..

12" iBook G4 800
    256mb RAM (to be upgraded later)
    60gb HD
    Airport Extreme
    + Apple Video Adapter

The only part of this whole process that irks me was the tax. I was pretty drunk when I ordered it, but I do NOT remember Apple mentioning tax until the order was placed and over with. THEN the total reflected a good $75 tax.

Despite that, I am really excited and can't wait to get it! In the meantime, I need to decide on a wireless 54g router and have it shipped asap.

Thanks for all the advice and patience, and consider me switched.

I'll update this once I get the iBook with my impressions.
  2. advres Guest

Oct 3, 2003
  3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Congrats on your new order. FYI when ordering in the future, it can actually be a better deal to buy via a place like MacMall, when I include things like a free printer, ram upgrade, and no sales tax (outside of cali) it turns out to be almost a better deal or close to it
  4. brhmac macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2003
    Planet Earth
    Wireless Router

Here's the wireless router I use with my iBook. Love it. $100 + tax and it took less than 10 minutes to unwrap, configure and start surfing.