Thanks to Blizzard Software

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lincoln, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

I know that this is old news but I just need to sing the praise for the people at Blizzard for their continuing support for Diablo II particularly for making an excellent OS-X port for a game that is a few years old.

I have both Daiblo II and the Lord of Destruction Expansion set, purchased them for my PC, but haven't played (or installed) them for a while.

I recentley installed them on my powerbook (via OS9 Classic - yuck!! :p ) and after installing the latest OSX patch it works great and in OSX.

Not bad for an old OS9 game and kudos for supplying dual format CD's as well.

I just thought that its nice to praise people on rumor sites occaisonally as opposed to the usual whining that we do o-so-well! :D

2. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

I'd like to praise them for Warcraft 3, one of the best games I have ever played. It only comes 2nd to Halo. Very good job Blizzard!

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    blizzard i wish more developers could be like them and make games that are released on both pc and mac os :D

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'll probably end up buying most all Blizzard games I can get my hands on... it's about the only game I can buy at the store since most of 'em are PC only... so I just play Blizzard ones.. got Warcraft III from Best Buy (plus the expansion) for $20 a few weeks back! Not bad at all.

5. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

While we are all in a happy mood, remember that future games will not be created with the "starting four's" input. If you recall, they left last year to start a new company...

but yes. Praise the work they did from the 486 days of warcraft 1, to 2, to Starcraft and SC:BW and the much vaunted Diablo series. I'm wondering how later games will turn out. Who knows.

6. LoadRunner macrumors member

I hope to see many more game from the orignal blizzard guys. :) Any idea what their new company will be called?

7. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451