Thanksgiving: Family Food Traditions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mariahlullaby, Nov 17, 2006.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    Maybe this should go into the other Thanksgiving thread. In any case, please share your favorite Thanksgiving food traditions at your house!

Mine would have to be my mom's stuffing and my grandmother's mashed potatoes. Pretty generic, I know, but both are incomparable (expect a lot of ppl saying the same thing about their family's cooking later haha :p). My mom's stuffing is nothing like I have had in anyone else's stuffing...I even it "raw." And my grandmother puts her mash potatoes into the mixer - 'nuff said.
  2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    What is always amazing to me is watching people cook for hours on end only to be devoured in a matter of 20-30 minutes. I'm not a big turkey fan... nor large family gathering fan..

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    I promise I read the thread title initially as "Family Feud Traditions".

Anyway, if we were going to be here for Thanksgiving, I am a big turkey fan and would look forward to turkey sandwiches for about a week.

And all the cranberry sauce recipes that show up are great. Homemade rolls, mashed potatos from scratch, another special recipe for sweet potatos, a wide assortment of olives and pickles, corn on the cob, pumpkin, apple and blueberry pies, and one of the favorites, "better-n-sex" desserts which has about four different layers of chocolate, whipped cream on a pie crust, and homemade ice cream at half times. :)