Thanksgiving !!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Apple Corps, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

It is a bright, clear, blue sky day in California and I have much to be thankful for: family / loved ones / friends / good health / a yard full of really fun creatures to feed and watch / our boutique consulting firm AND the ability to experience OS X and related applications for business and fun.

A Happy Thanksgiving to all - not everything is perfect but if you look there is much that each of us has to be thankful for.

2. UmaThurman macrumors regular

UmaThurman

3. iñaki'sonMac'87 macrumors regular

Thank you!!!! wish I could be with my own family in florida, next year!

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Here in Los Angeles we started the holiday with a massive traffic jam after a truck overturned on one of our busiest freeways (the 405, near the Los Angeles airport), spilling acetone and rubbing alcohol and closing southbound traffic for hours just as people were heading out Tuesday for the holiday today. The freeway is still not completely open 24 hours later, and they expect it will take another half day to finish cleaning up the mess. :eek:

At least it wasn't a truck carrying baking soda and vinegar, or tar and feathers!

People who are stuck in traffic or stuck in airports should use the extra time to reflect on what's good in their lives: family, friends, Thanksgiving apple pie, and of course MacRumors.

5. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

6. hana macrumors regular

Well, I made a 9:30 am grocery run for the cranberry sauce - someone bought the jelly kind and not the whole berry one. Last year I went twice.

Next year: learn to make my own cranberry sauce.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Talking about the Thanksgiving holiday traffic, is Friday (after Thursday, Thanksgiving Day) known for a bad traffic day? If it is going to be a light traffic day in general, I am thinking about showing up for work in Queens, NY on Friday.

I know Wed (a day before Thanksgiving) tends to be a bad day for travelling on the road (I think people are not focusing on driving because of the holiday euphoria).

8. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Just finished making cheese cake to take over to my grandma's house. Looking forward to being with family and loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, but less because of rush hour traffic to and from work and more because it's such a huge day for shoppers.

10. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Today is shaping up to being another memorable Thanksgiving. The weather outside is cold, windy and very wet. But, inside the fires are going, the pies are made and the turkey is in the oven. The tables are covered with a wide variety of 'horse divers'. Beer and Champagne are the order of the day right now. I have several bottles of 1996 Romanee St. Vivant Grand Cru with dinner and a lovely Macallan 30 year old Single Malt to get thing going afterwards. Since I live in an isolated mountain area, my family all spend the evening.

I wish all of you a fantastic Thanksgiving!

12. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Isn't really Thanksgiving for me, its recover from yesterday and get prepared for tomorrow.

13. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Thanks for the comment. Then, i will do my routine for this Friday. Start early (6 a.m.) at my NY office and leave my NY office earlier (around noon time) to get to my NJ office (which is closer to my place) so that I can get out of NY before it gets clouded by the shoppers. I think shoppers typically hit the street in the afternoon as they don't do shopping in the morning.

During the holiday season especially, I crank up my "avoid-traffic-as-much-as-possible" stance to the max if it is not related to my work/business. This is the season many types of people come out of the woodworks (I see noticeable increase in in-attentive drivers on the road during this season).

14. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

I just finished eating dinner. Sooo tasty. And we haven't even started dessert yet.

15. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

It's still 4:39 p.m. in the East Cost. I see your avatar says you are in USA. Is it not too early for dinner?

16. TokyoPeace macrumors newbie

Happy New Year to You

Applecore

We're new to the forum and first time mac buyers. We were delighted to read some of your helpful posts.

We are Canadians currently living in Japan, although moving back to Canada this Spring. We are looking at purchasing a mac laptop while we are still here in Tokyo.

The main purpose for this mac will be my digital photography, it sounds like you have simular interests. Of course, we will also use it for internet and word processing.

We are trying hard to find the best value computer and we are still considering whether or not to get the MacBook or MacPro, altough leaning towards the MacBook series.

On the MacBook end we are trying to decide on the specifications that will be necessary. Do you have any suggestions?

We believe that we will be purchasing a desktop style mac sometime around 2008 and so the laptop will become a secondary computer relatively soon if life basically goes our way. Thus I am thinking about getting an external hard-drive to backup my photography images so that they can easily be manipulted on both the laptop and desktop computers I anticipate owning.

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated regarding the necessary memory, RAM, external hard-drives, etc.

Thanks kindly and I hope that you've had a wonderful holiday season.

TokyoPeace

17. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

What an odd way to highjack/spam a thread. Halarious in my view. I mean, WTF?

18. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I like the repetition and the pervasive 'We' running through both threads. :D Reckon we've really got a Nigerian warming up to a 419er ;)

19. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

LOL they actually take "them" pretty seriously. I'm sure "they" look innocent in the Buying Advice Forums, but here it's just plain obvious. You "sirs" have been charged with spam.