that 'gas station' themed portfolio site...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by etoiles, Mar 14, 2006.

1. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

So I came accross this flash HEAVY portfolio site from a Canadian designer a while back... it had a 50's gas station theme, rendered in glorious 3D... but I can't find the link anymore (or remember the name, I must be getting old).

Any ideas ? Cheers

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

hmm I think it was featured on the fwa at some point because it sounds familiar. Take a look there

3. etoiles thread starter macrumors 6502a

etoiles

yeah, I did look through it but filtered too aggressively... I looked again (encouraged by your suggestion :) ) without filter and found it about 20 pages later

http://www.pixelgasoline.com/

THANKS !

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Still one of the most impressive web site I have ever seem is the company web site of Ray of Light Productions. The only thing is that it's too bad the original site isn't still up, and they haven't added any new content either.

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Yeah I've heard a lot of people mention that site, unfortunately I never got a chance to see it myself.

And now my personal fav pixel ranger seems to have been replaced with a "coming soon" message. I really hope it does, I really enjoyed Shane's site.

6. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

That is a pretty cool site. I wonder if they dabbed into Swift3D. Anyone here use Cinema 4D?

7. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Cool site, must have taken a month if not more to visualize, map, model, animate and render. :)