That little iMac Computer icon in each window...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Aug 25, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

You know that little computer icon in each window you open, well I guess you can costumize it differently. Well I'lll let you see what I'm talking about: [​IMG]
    I wanna know if you can change that icon? I would perfer a little Key Lime iBook :D :rolleyes: Well anyways is there a resource thingy or something? I'm a little tired of that little Indigo iMac icon, although it is cool because it's from Apple... I thought I saw the LCD iMac icon on the LCD iMacs at the Apple Store, or I just might be seeing things!:rolleyes: Any help?:confused:

2. MacMaster macrumors 6502

There is a way...there's a site that has new pics and tells you how to do it...argh!!! I can't remember the url!!!!!:mad:

PS: lime, what do you mean by this: This is my new account formaly MacLuver23, something got screwed up in that account.?

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

LISTEN

what do you mean by this: This is my new account formaly MacLuver23, something got screwed up in that account?

Well I used to have a Macrumors account under the name: MacLuver23. I loged into Macrumors at School, Home and on other PCs and Macs. Then it stoped working. I got a message when ever I tried to post or start a new thread: It said my account wasn't activated or I was banned or something like that, and it was acting like it didn't know my username, i loged in agian and agian but it didn't work, this went on for weeks ... :( So after finlay giving up, I made a new username with a different e-mail address, I tried to ask for help about my username from the other members at MacRumors.com but I couldn't reply to messages or post a thread about it,I couldn't contact anyone... I was stuck... So my new username was under my aol email address because when I tried to use my mac.com address it said I already had an account under that address, so I gave it my aol address and later changed it to my mac.com address, and it worked... I needed to go back to the fourms, I couldn't take it... I hope you understand, I wonder if arn can send me all the info on my old account (MacLuver23) and then destroy it...

4. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

You can get the new CandyBar app from IconFactory and it will do that plus some other customization.

5. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

No, you're not seeing things. The computer icon on my new 17" iMac is an LCD iMac. I think there was an article in one of the MacAddict Magazines on how to change and create custom icons, cant remember which one though.

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah CandyBar is a good app. i haven't tried it yet though... but it looks good and you can customize all your system icons.:D

7. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

not to slam panic or anything, but i would recomend that you change it by hand. there's nothing like completing your first system level hack (and saving $13 bucks in the process). you have'nt lived until you've caused a sad-mac. :)