That one icon...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sobering, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Sobering macrumors regular

Hey guys. I was just deleting some icons in my dock to clean it up. I deleted the little icon that looks like a spring with the @ sign on top of it. Now my older brother is freaking out saying I deleted something important, which I know I didn't but he wants it back anyway...stupid brother...so anyways how can I get this back for him?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

No need to panic – it's just a link to a website, I think that one was a link to the Apple site. You can add your own links to the Dock – just drag the URL out of the Safari address window into the right-hand side of the Dock and it'll stay there, complete with its own spring icon. ;)

3. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

It's just an advertisement for the Mac website... click on it and it takes you there. Tell your brother he can just go to www.apple.com/macosx, and that its nothing to worry about.

If you really want it back, open up Safari, go to www.apple.com/macosx, select the address in the toolbar, and literally just drag it to the right side of the Dock. The springboard will be back in no time.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Exactly, I knew there was a way to create that icon and Jaffa has reminded me of it.

But yeah, brothers are dumb like that I have my own stories regarding this.

5. Sobering thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah thanks guys. My brother freaks out about everything. It's pretty pathetic. Anyways thanks for the help.