that poor ipod at target

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rainman::|:|, Nov 13, 2002.

1. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

saw an iPod at a target for the first time... it was in the lucite display, begging to be touched... they had it under the counter :(

tho it was plugged in for some reason... very odd. anyway good to see they're at target just in time for christmas, wonder how many units they'll sell...

:)
    pnw

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

man, they've got to get them out of the cabinets and let people have a play with them!

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm surprised they don't have them out for display, connected to that retractable chain so they don't walk off. Maybe they're afraid someone is going to go over to the hardware section and get a good pair of cutters and break the chain.....nothing like having one stop shoplifting ;)

D

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

The wires they connect them to the table or wall with are very strong. they wouldnt have to worry about it getting stolen if they put it into the ipod display which is that plastic showcase and the headphone wires and firewire cable going through the top of the dislplay with a lockdown wire attached to it.

iJon

5. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

The only place I've ever seen an iPod out of the little box thingy was in the Apple Store Atlanta. There, they had about six of them sitting on this little table, different music in them and everything, all the sizes and different engraving fonts.

Man, that was the coolest table ever.

6. daniel77 macrumors 6502

compusa's have them near the cellphone/PDA department

or atleast here in wa st. they do

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I just saw one in the local store. Actually, according to the sign, it was an IPOD. I think a WINDOWS user must have typed the information. :D They can rarely find the CAPS LOCK key.

It was so nice to see it buried below all the video game business--samples and whatnot. At this price, you would think that they would want to display it prominently to sell them all.

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

If the iPod was under the counter, think of it this way. Most price tags are white, so it matches the iPod. :) Usually price tags are placed beside under the counter items. And "under the counter" is just formal for luxury.

The Apple Store nearest my house has a few iPods in need of some serious cleaning, again, not a bad thing. :p

9. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

iPod under glass

It's to keep the store managers from playing with it... (head office was complaining no one was doing any work where iPods had been on open display ;) ).

Ok... It's Go Time for the BigBox
    First of all, and pay attention to this W*lM*rt, I'm going to have to start shopping at Target, since clearly Target likes the Apple advantage, and W*lM*rt hasn't picked up the ball on this one. Also, I'm tired of writing customer cards to W*lM*rt asking them to carry Made for Apple Software (Games etc). W*lM*rt's explanations - which are totally lame - are that the software distributors can't get Mac games... man, it's the same place that makes them that makes the pc versions! I mean they carry like 10 different game systems, XB*x, N*nt*d*, S*n*, etc etc etc... but no Made for Mac Games... a good example being Jedi Knight II or Ghost Recon, or Sims, etc... and there are many more, that all the distributors would have to do is get the Manufacturors to include both pc AND Mac versions of the same game ... they come from the same place and everything. :D anyway... that's my gripe ... :D

:cool: