The 12" PowerBook claims the spot of top selling Computer a...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 23, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

That would be something that you would expect. After all, the 12" PB os $1200.00 cheaper, and it's a laptop, which makes up most of Apple's sales.

3. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I think that people were kind of waiting to see if MWCP brought anything, but now I think some people are tired of waiting, so they are buying now.

4. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i personally like to see the competition of apple products. some people are waiting to see if apple will come out with newer displays to match the G5 like my uncle. some people also like to see it ship before they order.

5. macrumors 6502

I was also going to bring up the point about people waiting until a product is shipping. I think that it's impressive that the G5's sold so well the past month despite the fact that you couldn't go into a store and check them out. People have been able to go into retail stores and see how the 12" PB feels and performs. When they can do the same with the new G5's (3rd week of August is a possibilty, I think I read), I think you will see a lot of orders for G5's again.