The 15" MacBook, when and it will it materialise?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zami, Mar 30, 2007.

1. zami macrumors regular

Hi I need to buy a 15" MacBook for my partner.

She thinks the 13" is too small and the MacBook Pro is too ugly.

As I am sure you all know by now women have impeccable taste that sometimes it is wiser not to question and in consequence any ideas as to when this engineering marvel will be released?

Sh*t, typo in the header - Shame on me!

2. j5uh macrumors member

i'm no expert but i personally think that macbooks won't be 15" for a VERY long time. it would eat up the mbp market. if you want a 15" u just have to get the pro. i think it's a marketing tactic.

3. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Seems to me that this is fairly accurate.. Makes sense if you think about it.

4. zami thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies, it is an ex iBook 14" user that finds the 13" widescreen too "low" at the resolution she likes and the MacBook Pro comes in that awful corporate grey colour.;)

5. Helianthus macrumors member

6. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

How sweet it would be to have a shiney glossy black MBP :)

7. Helianthus macrumors member

Yea the black looks sweet and I think the white looks really nice as well. Some of those colours are just plain ugly though. I wish this wasn't so expensive because I would actually consider doing it to my macbook once it gets all scuffed up.

8. viperguy macrumors 6502

9. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

Grey? What MBP is grey? Mine happens to be made out of aluminum, not grey anything. i guess that's a difference in the way we view color.

:D

-JE

10. tburling macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro in a groovy red plastic hard shell that gets quite a few favorable hoots and hollers from the TSA as I navigate the metal detectors.

11. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

A 15" MacBook will be perfect for people who want a big screen but can't afford the MacBook Pro.

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

The MacBook has a higher resolution than the iBook does. And if you mean that she thinks everything looks too small on the MacBook's screen, a 15" one would surely have a higher resolution, so everything would still look smaller.
    I think the current MacBook will be OK.

13. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I'm sure Apple explicitly is not in the business of catering to people who wants something but can't pay for it.

14. mashinhead macrumors 68020

yea but colorware is way too expensive, they won't send you samples, and they won't paint the whole thing. I would go fir it but i want the whole thing black, not silver keys.