The A to Z of Design

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jan 2, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    hahahahahahahaha that's about right... :p

Rinky dink link

*iGav Advisory* Link contains lots, and lots, and lots of naughty words.
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    "If you're a real designer you will find yourself automatically miming "command-Z" every time you spill a coffee or get an STD."

Well, I wouldn't know about STDs but the times I wish I could 'undo' something in real life are too many to even mention...

That's a very funny page and I'm in the process of emailing that link to about half-a-dozen friends...

Another fave:

"JADED -- This is what you will inevitably become. An endless cycle of updating software makes you into a computer geek. Combine that with Guido furiously pounding your artistic dreams into formulas and what do you got? A bitter, old, robotic nerd. You will hate yourself."

Sound familiar, anyone?
  3. JLS macrumors 6502

Aug 8, 2004
    Kent, England
    I read that a couple of weeks ago, and it's pretty upsetting to have the truth of a design job put so bluntly..

Much of the rest of it is true too, such as even 2 years ago I was being taught Quark instead of Indesign at college.

My tutor argued with me constantly about how the industry standard would not ever change from Quark, but he had to eat his words when the College ordered around 40 copies Indesign only 4 months later to go on the OSX macs. What an ass he was.

Everybody had been taught Quark, and for the rest of the BTEC diploma no tutors taught us anything about Indesign. Super.