the absolute maximum limit of biasedness...if thats a word

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by abhishekit, Feb 13, 2004.

1. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    well how biased can you be...just read this article
    its a comparison of apple and dell...rather steve jobs and dell i guess...
  2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    I used to really like reading David K. Every's stuff. Of course that was back when his site was called MacKiDo and it was all about Macs. Over the years I have watched him get more and more bitter, so i haven't checked in as often.

Personally I have always followed the philosophy of you get what you pay for. Yes you can get a $400 Dell but you aren't getting a solution, you are getting some parts thrown together. I would rather spend a decent amount of money for a well designed and stylish computer that makes my life easier.

Of course Dell sells cheaper, they don't have the R&D costs of software either. Apple makes their money on hardware and uses it to develop great software. Do you see Dell coming out with great things like Garage Band, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD? No, but they have some cheap rip offs. Not to mention they sell by volume. If they can ship tons of just useable PCs cheap they will make money. Or you can get a machine that you know you can trust, from a company who cares more about what you can DO with your machine than just selling it to you.