The 'am I the only one' thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Sep 28, 2003.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Okay, the basic idea of this thread is sort of like this:

Question: Am I the only one who _____________________________?
    (ex: Am I the only one who doesn't like football?)

Explanation: Explain the question.
    (ex. I can't stand how America is so into football when there are much more important things going on. etc etc etc.

And then people can comment on what you said. Like I could agree with you (or disagree, although I wouldn't).

I would post one right now but my sister has to get on the computer.

scem0

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think that this is a funny idea for a thread; I'll give it a go?

Am I the only one that feels that it's 'unfair' to the songs that don't get played as much in iTunes that they don't get played as much?

Ever since they added play counts to iTunes, I've found myself feeling remorse for those that don't get played as often and sometime sit through crappy music just to even the field. Weird or what?

P-Worm

3. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

You're not the only one P-worm! Just the other day I was playing some music that still had 0 on the playcount just so I could have a 1 in its count.

4. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

lol, that's pretty funny P-Worm.

I think scem's "Am I the only one who doesn't like football?" suggestion fits well here, especially when you're a guy in high school in the US (which I am). I just think football is too size-oriented, and I don't see the intelligence of it. I'm sure football-fans could explain to me how you have to use your mind in football, and I'm sure they would be correct, but I just don't like it, and I don't like how a lot of guys think it's unheard of for a guy to dislike football. Like, not being interested in football is some "silly girl thing" :rolleyes:

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm surprised to hear that coming from someone in Eureka, FredAkbar.

You'd think they'd be much more into Ultimate Frisbee up there...or has Eureka changed that much since I was there and it's just Arcata that's more hippie-centric? ;)

6. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Arcata's the hippie-town...there are hippies in Eureka too, but most of the people I know at school are just "normal" kids.

7. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Yeah, football is way too much of a brawn only sport.

And I'm not saying that there isn't any brain involved, I'm just saying that the average football player wouldn't be too good in chess, or some brainy game like that.

I have no problem with people liking football, I just don't see why. I prefer sports that require agility, flexibility, and brains.

My favorite sport is diving, which doesnt require a lot of intellegence, but it require tons of agility and flexibility. Diving is such a great sport.

I am the same way P-worm. Or at least I did when I had a mac. ;)

[edit]

Im afraid to post mine because I KNOW im the only male who can do it (on these forums at least) and theres a 99% chance that there are no females who can do it and it is very..... feminine. :D

[/edit]

scem0

8. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

OK.

Am I the only one who didn't like Seinfeld?

Seinfeld is supposed to be one of the funniest show ever on American TV, but it just didn't do anything for me. Am I way out in left field in this? (sorry for the cliché)

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I'm agreeing wit pivo6. I never got Seinfeld. I never found it that funny. As soon as the Simpsons are over and Seinfeld comes on I go to another channel. I just don't like it, so your not alone.

10. jywv8 macrumors 6502

Me neither

I concur. Sometimes it was funny, but overall I though it was pretty annoying.

11. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I think the show is funny for a little while but every episode uses the same kind of comedy so it gets really predictable and really old.

scem0

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Eh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I think it's a great show...But not because of Seinfeld, and DEFINITELY NOT because of Cramer, but because of George Costanza...

I just think that's a GREAT character, very entertaining.

But like I said, everyone likes Cramer, but I never understood that. He was definitely annoying.

Let's see, let me play.

Am I the only one who thinks that you don't have to get drunk every weekend to have fun in college?

13. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

yes.

jk :D.

okay here is mine (well at least my first):

Am I the only one who can sing high notes?

I don't mean normal high notes... I mean Mariah Carey high... I swear I can do it. If I had a microphone I would record it and post it, but I don't have one.

There were these microphones that hooked up to my old stereo, I wonder if those would work. Ill try to find them later and see.

Well, I can't get any vibratto and they certainly don't sound very pretty, but I don't have loads of voice training like Mariah Carey. Plus I'm male.

Yes, I have testicles.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about download the song 'emotions' by Mariah Carey. (and yes I can sing along to this song - including the high notes).

But I guess 'sing' isnt the best word. I guess it is more of a squeal or something. It isn't very pretty sounding :).

Okay I'm really curious to see what commentary I get one this ;).

scem0

14. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

wow, i thought i was the only one. that show is terrible. i never quite understood how such a contrived show was such a hit, although most tv is crap anyway.

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Am I the only one who doesn't like sports?

I just don't find them interesting, most are slow and boring. It is mainly a game of and by the rich. They charge whatever they think the fans can bare. Here in Boston they have the highest prices and the country and still fill the seats. No real incentive for them to win, just do enough to keep the fans happy.

16. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

well, as to drinking to have fun in college....it really has a lot to do with where your campus is located and what there is to do on campus.

My campus is located in schenectady new york, a depressed city with virtually nothing to offer to the campus community on the weekends (maybe some crack?) This is probably one of the biggest reasons why so much of the campus (myself included) drinks on the weekends/

17. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

There is a lot to think about in football. Especially at Quarterback. You have to get up to the line, read the coverage. By your 2nd step in your drop back you should pretty much know who you are throwing to by where the safeties and line backers go. Also you have to remember every play when they are written up like this:

Th-TrpsRT-XOrb-8129

Thunder (formation), Trips right (formation), X Orbit (receiver motion), 8 is rollout right, 1 means your flanker closest to you does a flat, 2 means your next man after flanker (wideout) does a slant, and 9 means your last guy does a streak.

Sucks because coach calls in a number and i have playband, and sometimes the ink smears on the band and it takes a bit to read.

I get pissed because the lineman have simple blocking assignments, and they still screw up. Even I know who they are blocking, its pathetic.

But anyways, Am I the only one that enjoys staying home and eating rather then going out?

Sure its nice to go out to a nice Sushi bar or something, but I can cook better steaks than I have ever had at any Steakhouse. I like to make myself a really good sandwich with some pasta, tastes great.

The only thing (in my opinion) worth while going out for is Italian food, Mexican food, and Japanese/Chinese food.

18. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ah, more about football. I might post a video of when I ran the Option last game.

We ran it once, and the linebacker came up to nail me, so i fell back and pitched it to the running back. It was picture perfect, he gained about 15 yards.

But what was even cooler...

We were doing a hurry up offence and our coach didn't call a play, so on the way to the line I said same play to everyone. The defence heard and yelled "hey same play watch out".

So, we run it. The linebacker goes for the runningback this time, leaving me a huge hole. I cut to the sideline, and our wide receiver makes a massive block on the corner. I gained about 50 yards (we were on our own 30), and I got tackled by the Safety. I tried to stiff arm him, and I did, but in doing so I tripped up out of bounds.

19. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Am I the only one that thinks that Saturday Night Live sucks?

Seriously folks, isn't it about time that Tina Fey got canned? She's the worst comic writer I've ever heard. More than half of her jokes are just off-color references to body parts or functions. She also has NO timing whatsoever.

MacAztec: amen, brother. About the quarterbacking AND about the cooking.

20. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I am not a big sports fan either. In fact I have very little in common with the typical guys down here. I don't drink, hunt, or watch sports. And those are the three things that you have to do at least two of to be considered male down here. :)

21. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Am I the only one who will not stick his/her hand in a bag of chips?

I cannot stand the grease and gunk that gets on your hands, oohhhhh grooooose. I have to eat chips off of a plate. :eek:

22. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I just recently bought a new car (very proud of that fact) and i have yet to see a single one like it around here.. so..

Am I the only one that owns a Honda Civic Si HB?

Some pics are available on my page at http://homepage.mac.com/chibianh

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

am i the only one who thinks that 98% of people are total jackasses?

i don't like most people. they seem to be robotic clones formed solely by society's tv, maxim magazine, abercrombie and fitch, etc. no one is themselves. no one thinks for themselves.

24. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

You're wrong on this one jello.

99% of people are total jackasses.

In response to some other posts, I have no interest whatsoever in sports and I think SNL should have been canned at least 5 years ago.

25. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

NO, you are not! i hate people too!

am i the only one who thinks girls are the devil?

...seriously...i've been screwed over by so many girls that it's not even funny anymore. i mean sure, the girl who was a lesbian and didn't tell me was funny...but the two who went psycho and started stalking me was not. and then the compulsive liar...that was just rude. oh, not to mention the one who was thinking about marriage when i was 17. oh and lets not forget the girl who cried herself to sleep everynight because she "loved me so much"...girls are messed up.