The Amazing Race!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mad jew, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, I thought that since Mr. Anderson is within the last 100 posts until he reaches the massive 20,000 and edesignuk is also within 100 posts of the 10,000 posts we should start placing bets on who reaches each respective landmark first.

Well, actually, the main purpose of this thread is to recognise these two members and acknowledge just how good they've been to us over the years. Kudos. I figured the 20,000 and 10,000 post mark was as good a time as any.

Ahem... Back to the betting. $20 on Mr. Anderson. :)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

20,000? Jebus! At most I have 8,500+ on another site and I have by far the most.. but 20,000! Wow!

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm within 100 posts of the 5,000 mark...

Since Mr. Anderson averages more posts per day than almost all, if not all, of the other members, I'd put my money on Mr. Anderson as well.

4. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry wrldwzrd89, not sure how I missed that one. :eek:

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My money is definitely on Mr. Anderson, since he is averaging 14.99 ppd compared to edesignuk's "paltry" 8.37. :rolleyes:

Lacero is averaging 17.7 ppd:eek: . Is there anyone averaging more? Doctor Q?

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It must be nearly time for the six-monthly stats? Jan and July? Are we going to encourage Doctor Q to do the 'highest poster' count twice? :p

I'll put £5 on wrldwzrd to get to 5000 first....

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

How do you know we won't throw the whole thing.

I'm willing to try and win or lose, depends on how much people want to pay me :D

D

8. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

That's a lot of posts! :eek:

I've been here for two and a half years and haven't even reached 300 posts! (I'm more of a lurker here, but I have over 5,000 on another forum)

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Congrats to the both of you! I can only hope to reach those levels of postage (?) in a few years (well, 10,000 at least, as for 20,000 give me a decade... ;)) Seeing you guys attain those levels will continue to motivate me once I become a 601, knowing that there is still something out there to attain since further rankings will be far and few between... ;)

So congrats again, I've always enjoyed having both of you participating in the Forums. :cool:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually, unlike some other high posters, both edesignuk and I have managed not to post spam. And if edesignuk got a post count for every thread and post he's commented on that went to the wasteland due to spamming, he'd be #2 right now I imagine :D

D

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hey, what are you trying to say? :D :p ;)

Actually I have been posting a lot less recently, busy at home, and busy at work....plus we just got a lecture today at work about the use of the net during "working" hours, so I might have to cut back even more! :eek:

Lead the way Mr A... :cool:

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What I'm saying is that you would have had even more posts had they not gone into the wasteland....not a bad thing. And I've actually not been posting as much recently either - way too many things to do.

D

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hehehe, I know, I know :eek: Was only joking :)

14. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Jeez!

To think that I've been around longer than *both* of you, and still have a mere 1,200 posts. :(

What's wrong with me?!

15. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

wow that's alot of post's - i remember when i cracked the 500 mark lol i felt so proud hehe

my moneys on Mr A to win :rolleyes:

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Perhaps we should be applauding members like me_94501 who show a bit of restraint.

17. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

You should add a 'quiet but valuable' section to the six month stats. Users who have been here 12 months and posted more recently but have the lowest posts per day. It would be nice to give some more recognition to quieter members but sounds like it might be a lot of work!

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its more than just restraint, though. I had a good couple years, sort of like edesignuk, where I had a lot of time on my hands at work. So I posted a lot. I don't post anywhere near as much as I use to - and Q's new stats coming out in a few weeks will show that.

D

19. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

And this is another thing that I enjoy about having you guys around - I always know you guys don't say something unless you have something to contribute. :cool:

20. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

As far as I know, I haven't spammed either. I must say, everyone here (including those mentioned in this thread) has put together their efforts into making this community an interesting place. Of course, we do get bad eggs sometimes...but the moderators are usually prompt at deleting their posts and banning them.

21. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'd agree with that. And I haven't seen you spam either wrldwzrd89. Actually we're quite similar in terms of post counts, posts/day and date joined - very cool. ;) :cool:

22. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

hmmm, maybe you're right. I'm pleased to be within 100 posts of 500 and I've been going steadily since January 2002! I can't imagine posting 2,000 times let alone 20,000.

23. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

It took me a year to reach 500. But since then I've had more 'spare' time at work and got more comfortable in the community, so I've had more time to post. I just looked and realised I've passed 2000 now! :eek: I'd like to think that most of them aren't spam :eek:

24. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Me too! :eek:

I swear it'd only be about 500 posts if the newbies learned how to search properly though. ;)

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Then it's win-win - you get to up your post count and the newbies get answers to their questions! ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.