The "Amazing Red Pretzel"

Discussion in 'Community' started by hcuar, Apr 26, 2005.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    pathetic....some people need to get on with their life...some times i think that ebay was just a horrible creation
  2. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2004
    way out in the sticks
    I have to say, the seller went to great lengths on this. I appreciate his creativity; for example, he wrote a poem about the red pretzel and posted it on the item's page:

Oh, little red pretzel
    You are so beautiful and red
    I know you must taste salty and good
    But I cannot bring myself to eat you

Your redness is never-fading
    You are not the color of a bloodbath
    No, you are rather the color of a beautiful sunset
    An eternal sunset tied into a crisped doughy knot

Was it fate that brought you into my bag of snacky-snacks?
    Was it pure luck? Was it a coincidence?
    I think that you are a blessing in disguise
    Red pretzel, you amaze me

You came in a bag of Rold Golds
    They lied to me! They lied, I say! You are not golden in color! You are red!
    Shall I sue the company's quality control department?
    No, no, I cannot. I will not curse your creators

You are too beautiful, you are too wonderful
    You are red, you are a pretzel
    You are too beautiful, wonderful, red, and pretzel-like to remain with me forever
    Alas, I am compelled to share your splendor with the world
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    being a writer and poet myself, that is horrible, all the more reason that this is pathetic....i appreciate this efforts, but seriously, its a bit far and ridiculous for a stupid pretzel, im just glad that bidding isnt too high on this, there are people with some sense out there i suppose
  4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    "The pretzel is so red that I can only look at it with one eye at a time. EXTREME! It's the reason I bought an eyepatch."

I am struggling to find anything to say, although I feel that this eBay item should be commented on. The whole idea of selling a pretzel on eBay is just... bizzare. :p

5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    That red pretzel still looks delicious. I think that I'll wait till there available in the store. :D
  6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
  7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    I would laugh like H3ll if he sold it for .99 and then it turned out to be the winning piece in a manufacturer $1,000,000 give away! Like the grey M&M's.
  8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Everyone knows that the purpose of Ebay is to sell Pez dispensers and their accessories. However, it seems that the definition of "Pez accessories" includes odd-looking food, not just wedding dresses modeled by men, kid's concert tickets being sold to punish them, human body parts, and other fine collectibles.
  9. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    damn, times like these i wish i had a credit card. im sure my parents wouldnt let me use theirs for this...freakin awesome...