The American Idol Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacNut, Jan 19, 2005.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

After the long wait, Americas guilty pleasure is back so who is your favorite under talented overrated wanna be pop star so far. I haven't found anyone to root for yet.

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

The auditions leading up to the main competition are always my favorite episodes. Train wreck television at its best. :D

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Please somebody... lock this (and all related threads)! Think of the children!

4. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

Okay...here's my son, when he visited Fantasia at her grandmother's house.
    [​IMG]

5. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Indeed it is back! And is it just me (and I'm not homophobic or anything) but there seems to be a lot of homosexual people on this year. Anyone else notice this?

I also thoroughly enjoyed that Constantine guy who looked like John Stamos.

6. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Believe this year, the Constantine guy will win. Why? He's different/unique. His choice of music is not the same RB/ broadway musical style that everyone is doing (not saying I don't like RB or musicals, it's just getting old). America needs it.

By the way, my all time favorite is "WILLIAM HUNG!!!" "SHE Bangs!"

By the way, he released his album last year and is going to be in a movie soon! Go HK Ricky Martin!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/06/people.williamhung.ap/

7. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Atleast when William sings he doesn't use a track like Ashley Simpson.

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

American Idol spent 6 minutes on that last girl in the red shirt on the premiere. Have they spent that much time on a single person before? The show was extremely hilarious. I loved how they edited the judges' reaction starting right from the top of the star-spangled banner. LOL.

9. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

I hardly watch any TV these days, but my daughter was watching and I was too tired to navigate on the comp, so I collapsed on the sofa and watched with her.

First off, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison etc, would have zero chance of making it with those judges.

Secondly, I honestly can't believe that a lot of these guys don't have friends or family who are honest with them i.e. don't quit your day job yet!!!

And who to root for? I found a few of them quite entertaining, but unfortunately their singing wasn't up to par, although some of them made it to the next round, and some didn't. I liked the blonde farmer's daughter from Oklahoma. Sweet, simple, unpretentious, and an amazingly good voice. But she probably won't win, because I think they want to market a guy to all those teenage gals.

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I liked the Milli Vanilli character from the premiere episode. He has a really great range of vocals, handsome, and I believe he'll go far in the competition.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

well, he has made it to the top 12 and randy jackson said his performance last week was the best in the competition so far

last night he was one of the better performers but he didn't ice the competition like two weeks ago when he made the rest of the competition look like amateurs

he (anwar) will definitely make it to the top six, and probably the top four

it's hard to say who is number one but if it were "rock/heavy metal idol", then i think bo dice would win the whole thing...he is the best rock singer, bar none and could easily be a star...his weakness is that he is a one trick pony and he does not sing a lot of the notes in tune, but his charisma covers up for a lot of his lack of vocal range

and remember too, that ruben studdard, a one trick pony, won the competition in season two...he couldn't sing rock, big band, and country that well but he did soul, r&b, and disco like a seasoned professional

being good at r&b is the key to winning american idol