The Angry Thread 2006

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 2nyRiggz, Feb 23, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Today I called my old uni that I finished in 2001 about my Degree(they never mailed me the actual certificate) and they still do not have my certificate. I'm so pissed about this all i got is this letter stating that i graduated from the college with my degree in whatever...After 5 years they still can't give me my certificate because of the "merger" they went through 2 freaking years ago. The president said they will have it for me next week Friday.
    I need a drink and a smoke but i won't....i got a class today and i hope i don't punch someone.

I'm just upset that it took them five years to give me my actual certificate. I already went through another college(got my certificate in 2weeks) and the one i'm in now(I have one more year).

Are you feeling my pain MR?

Bless

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats really low of them. its paperwork though. and universities like to push paperwork aside. hang in there.

3. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Ouch! I thought only big corporate conglomerations (i.e., companies like Chase) were that inefficient.

Oh, and the government.... :)

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'm angry, and frustrated.

I've been waiting for months and months for an apherisis study to start up so I can stop taking these cockfarmer meds that I should have "naturally" stopped a week ago but have to maintain the levels for this study, which hasn't started yet.

[grumble]

That and I'm sick of my job. Who isn't?

5. vniow macrumors G4

I'm pissed off that my former roommate and I put down $1370 as a deposit on our apartment and we got $88.98 as a refund. :mad:

We're gonna sue. :D

6. Arnaud macrumors 6502

AhAH, I'm laughing, you're so lucky somebody gets you your certificate soon, you should be HAPPY !

I finished my engineering studies in Barcelona, asked for a Spanish diploma in 2000, and was told on the phone 3 months ago that "they were still working on the certificates of 1999 right now", as they needed some more signatures.
    And, er, no excuse at all about a merger, I guess it's just the Spanish system... ("la vida loca", ¿ sabes ?)

I thought often about going back there, catching a cab for the day, and driving my certificate to every person involved !

The "receipt" I've had for the last 5 years is hilarious, it looks so much like a standard you-missed-your-package receipt from the post office.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Smoke em if ya got em!

You'll get your certificate..

In the meantime I suggest heavy self medication...;)

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    don't even get me started on anger. If I had a gun, there's a good chance a lot of people would die today. a LOT.

9. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

OK everyone, deep breath. Imagine your anger escaping your body like the breath you just exhaled.
    Oh, screw it...just go have a drink.

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm feeling you on this but we must control ourselves....deep inhales/exhales

...Any body else got something to let go off...this is the Angry Thread(it's allowed)

Bless

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

yeah, i have a gripe. my goddamned powerbook [just over a year old] needs a new hard drive. i probably lost 6 months worth of data. (only a few things remain from that time frame, things i put online) the events that took place happened 2 weeks after my warranty expired. an almost $3000 laptop should not screw up after a year. i'm not unreasonable, i know these things happen... but why do they always happen like this and always to me? i have seriously rotten luck. i am convinced i was a gestapo henchman in another life. i'm not mechanically confident about this and i'm frankly rather freaked out about it all. i just want my powerbook to work again and i'm all overwhelmed about it.

disclaimer: yes, things can always be worse, i have two other functioning computers, including an iMac... perspective.. blah blah blah... people staving, people dying, etc etc.... but it's all cold comfort. i want my powerbook back!

whew, that felt good, thanks.

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

a
    I'll trade you my perfectly functional 12"PB for that horrid 15" of yours - and mine still has 3 months left on the warranty. :)

Anyway...hmmm. Anger. Hmmm.

Well, there's a lot of stuff that would suggest I led the gestapo henchmen in another life, but that's not so much a source of anger as despair.

Anger?

I worked with a group of 20 people for five or more years. We were all top-notch developers. We would do incredible things to nearly manage to finish products, then have the projects cancelled again and again and again by bumbling management. Several months ago, 3/4 of my group was laid off, just before the holidays. The guy responsible for the mess, the one who hung us out to dry over and over? Promoted.

That angers me.

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

it's a 17" and if you had a 15" i'd probably trade :D 12", they are so cute but a bit too small for me. :p but you know i'd break that one too with this luck of mine. the notion is appreciated, you crack me up. (thanks again for all the help with that POS) ;)

sorry you got the same old rotten luck i do - sometimes i just want to even the justice scale and beat the pulp out of all those jackasses like that guy responsible for your work mess. but with my luck i'd trip and fall on the way to the fight and catch my eyelid on a nail or something equally lousy. oy vey!

14. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The things I have been feeling these days are just trying to get to me(the damn Devil)...a lot of stupid people n such but i'm trying my best not to turn into a beast and clap someone.

I need to call my moms.

Bless

15. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

They're so small and cute, they're like helpless little bunnies. You back them up just because you want to make sure they're safe. The 17" ones, though - they seem like they can handle themselves, so they get neglected. I think the 12" would be better for you (PowerBook, I mean). Plus, it has half the surface area and so is half as likely to be hit by the drink you spill. ;)

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that is a seriously cute way of looking at it. my poor big old abused PB... it couldn't help itself and we never knew. < tender sigh> "the drink i spill" indeed. :p

or listen to what i am right now. (complete version found here with other fun stuff, click NUMBER 5 ;) and draw your own conclusions) hey, i need to post that in the relaxation thread. :D

17. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

Apparently my senior year of high school (year after next) they're going from an 8 period schedule (4 90min classes one day, 40 90min classes the next) to a 7 period in one day schedule, meaning i have to choose one class not to take. it'll probably be AP physics cal-based--id miss it less than AP french or ap bio or ap enviro :(

also, the windows laptop i bought on ebay for a good deal has a bunch of sticky residue and a wonky fan. neither of which were mentioned in the auction :mad: should i leave neg feedback? :confused:

:mad:
    o well :rolleyes:

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

My favorite song in the soundtrack. Yeah, I know you like "Little Boxes". Me? I like this one better.

And PS: I wish I was in that... state of mind. Lucky you.

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i admit nothing - i deny nothing. ;)

it's my favorite on there too actually. little boxes just suits me and my little life and my little sig better. :p

20. Arnaud macrumors 6502

Reasons why I shouldn't post anything here: I just turned 30 this month, I'm married to a beautiful woman, and we just got a happy little boy (6 weeks now); I've got a permanent contract at a very good place with a very, very good salary, we live in a rather big house and we're all healthy.

Reasons why I can't feel happy: despite all this, it all sucks. My wife is on the edge of post-partum depression (i.e., due to the delivery), and she started medications yesterday, which just make things worse for the moment. I can only feel guilty if I'm happy of holding our son. My old brother (33) filed for bankrupcy for the second time in a second company 6 months ago, is also divorcing, is completely broke, and went back to my parents' house. He's lied to the whole family to hide additional debts, and he's still lying because he tries for a third time to build the company on the same roots as the previous one, whereas a stable job for a time would do good for his (empty) finances first. Additionally, he's lost all understanding of money amounts. My parents, both retired, are getting too crazy of the whole situation (either my brother or my wife and I), and they've been digging in their own ressources to help my brother out again and again, which I see as sabotaging their own ship for their retirement. And as they want to protect me, they refuse that I financially help, they are too proud. Additionnally, I live 600km away from my brother and my parents, and you can forget travelling there for the moment with a 6-week old baby.

So, I've got all for being happy but I'm not.

NB: I cannot force-help my parents financially because when I give them money, they send it back to me; I cannot help my brother financially, because it would be pushing further his loss regarding the value of money and the consequences of actions.

Anyway, I keep it up, and I'm going to work now. But I'm afraid of discovering my limits suddenly.

Ah well, that was an angry post, wasn't it ? Maybe more of a post for a "frustrated threat".

A.

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My girlfriend has manic depression (as does my dad incidentally). This doesn't anger me. Her parents trying to ignore her constant cries for help does though.

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Okay here goes, though I should be a bit careful...

Anyways, about March/April of last year, I noticed I had a crush on a girl I go to school with. Not many chances to tell her before the semester ended, and the summer was a wash, as she lives in another state, a few hours away. School starts again, and I'm still too much of a wuss to fess up. Right before New Years, I figure I'll find out what she's up to, to see if we can hang out, as I'll actually be about 90 minutes north of her, rather than 2 hours south. No go, as she's down here with all our friends, while I'm stuck with my family (which is starting to get rather annoying (spending every new years with them, not the people themselves :))) in almost the middle of nothing.
    Then this semester begins, and things are looking better. We hung out (with friends) for the Super Bowl, and other things. Heck we even went out (again, with friends) to the Cheesecake Factory this past Sunday night. Monday, I bought her lunch (granted, it's was only $2 for the two of us...). Then on Tuesday I get a great idea, I'll ask her to the department banquet in May! I didn't see her for the rest of the night, so I planned it for Wednesday.
    This is where things go bad (for me anyway). During the day, I see her sitting with a friend of ours (granted I was sitting next to them...), his arm around her, her head on his shoulder. I shrug it off, as this sort of stuff happens around here, without it really meaning much. Well, after the jazz band rehearsal, I see them again in the MIDI lab, where she's now sitting on his lap. Now I'm a little worried. The almost final blow comes just before he and I, and a few other people head over to another building for a concert (****ing awesome concert though). He says "I'll see you later then?" He never says that to anyone. The actual final blow came today, while I was at dinner in the crapeteria with them and friends (yet again) and someone asked her if they were "officially" a couple. She admitted that they had been going out for a total of: two days.

So now, I'm pretty damn angry. Not at them though, because this will be the first time anyone has known about me having a crush on her (and names will not be given, as a certain person at school could find this, and he usually likes telling embarrassing details about me to other people, like during the Super Bowl...). It all comes down to me, having a complete inability to tell someone how I feel about them. This isn't the first time it's come back to kick me in the ass, but it certainly is the first where I've been so torn about it. So there it is. I'm ****ing pissed off at myself for being a complete wuss about things.

That and the batteries in my BT mouse died, and I don't have a spare set handy. :mad:

23. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Gotta step up to the plate man....dude it aint too late to see if yall could work it out but being me i would let it go.

Sorry to hear about your mouse...i know thats always hard to deal with:p

Bless