The Apple Comany Store

Discussion in 'Community' started by LimeiBook86, Oct 11, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

As some of you may know Apple as thier own store in CA that sells Shirts, Jackets, and Goodies galore. But this is not good. As for me I live in New Jersey. I can't go to California just to get a shirt. Sure I know there are sites liek Red Light Runner, but still they don't have everything! Plus you never know when they might be out of stock for a week or forever! I don't know if I would call this a petition but you can be the judge of that. Think of this, if Apple sold thier "Goodies" avalible online they would make a HUGE profit! Even better but less likley to happen, they should sell thier shirts and goodies in the Apple Stores being built around the World (Mostly the USA)! I was going to write a letter, not an email but a hand written letter (or typed) to Apple computer about this subject. One hand written letter (or typed) is more likley to be looked at then an a-mail. The Apple Company Store (the one with the shirts and goodies) has its own webpage, here it is: http://www.apple.com/companystore/ So I am asking someone good at writting letter to send a letter to Apple Computer about this subject. I also give anyone the permission (as if it mattered) to post the letter, or a letter regarding this subject on a petition board. I still think a hand written (or typed) letter is the best way to get Apple's attection. Maybe the letter can have a petition attached? Well it is up for us to decide. COME ON WE CAN DO IT!!! :D

2. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I know u can but it would be 100x better if Apple sold them! BIGGER VARIETY!

4. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

My wife and I went to SF on our honeymoon, and took a day trip to Cupertino just to go see Apple's campus and stop at the store. I bought a black apple windbreaker and ball cap. When I wear them together my wife calls it my apple-apple outfit.

5. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

how much was the hat and jacket each? :D

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i got mine free...long story

i go to the apple company store twice a year and the store across the street, elite computers, an apple store, is a better store

but the apple store, while thin on macs or software, does have a lot of clothes...overpriced though

the apple users i know always want something to wear that is apple related

i also like cisco products but the network types i know don't care about the overpriced cisco clothing they sell online

one of my employees also is a manager of a convenience store and they sell t shirts and caps

one day, a cisco rep walks in and stocks the shelf with cisco clothing, without asking my friend, and walks out the door

there were no price tags on the clothing and this was during cisco's huge rise during dot.com so they were getting their logo out everywhere

my friend ended up giving all the clothes away to his friends, all of whom didn't use computers or even had a clue who cisco was

he was just pissed that someone would come into his store without asking and stock his shelves and take up store space...it's ok for a rock band to walk in a drop some flyers off without asking from time to time, but to drop off computer related clothing???

too strange:p

7. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I think the hat might have been $25 and the windbreaker $45-50. It was expensive, but I thought that it was worth it. I have worn the hat about 400 times since then, and the jacket at least 100, so I have the cost per use down pretty low ;-)

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

hey, peterjhill, i live near cupertino so if you want something there, let me know

that hat must be rancid by now;)

i have a computer business and a landscaping business and i would often walk into computer clientsj wearing my dusty old alaska moose cap:p

9. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Thanks for the offer. It is kind of funny about your to businesses, in that my wife is a Landscape Designer and I work with computers all day.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i started in gardening and landscaping in the 80s

then i became a techie...network, desktop, tutoring, pc, mac, etc...and then i got fat like the vast majority of techies in the area

so now, i split my time between my two businesses to keep from being blubbery like some well known fat techie posters here...but i won't mention names:p

also check out my thread on techie nudists in silicon valley...you might get a laugh from that one;)