The Apple Homepage we all wanted to see today...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applemax, Apr 2, 2006.

?

What were you hoping for?

1. Special Edition iMac

32 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. Newton 2

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Adoption of Windows XP (Only choose this option if your name is John Dvorak)

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Video iPod

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Partnership with Nintendo to squash Sony.

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Ahhh, if only.... :(

Attached Files:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That would have been cool. sigh :(

BTW: I would have wanted a MacBook.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

5. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

OMG!! John Dvorak reads MR! OMGWTFBBQ!!!111!!!one!! ;)

6. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i woulda loved to see a 30th aniversary mac, the 20th one was dead sexy, i'm sure the coulda done a stellar job with this one....i thought they were going to signify the day with SOMETHING....why didn't apple even acknowledge their own b-day?

7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

A special edition computer would have been awesome, or new releases. However, putting what we really wanted to see aside, Apple didn't even mention this on their own website, which really shocks me. So yes, I would have loved to see that homepage on Apple yesterday. Certainly with the six-color Apple logo.

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

oh this disappoints me.:( But it would be weird to see a keynote with no press. Would it be like in V for Vendetta where the dictator just talks right into the camera? That would a cool brief change, Steve the dictator :eek:

9. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

That's a cool mock-up! I'd love to see some new stuff soon.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

11. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The TAM was a pre-Steve product, and one of the first things he did on taking the interim CEO job was liquidate the remaining units. There really haven't been any products like that since he returned. Even the U2 iPod doesn't count, that was really a way of paying the band for appearing in an Apple ad, while allowing them to claim they didn't take money for appearing.

12. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

I'm not particularly surprised that there were no new product announcements, but I am kinda surprised that there wasn't the slightest acknowledgment of it on Apple's website (at least I couldn't find a word about it).

On the plus side, Apple did get a lot of free publicity from internet articles, newspapers, magazines, and TV giving Apple a lot of (mostly) positive, free-of-charge attention. In that backdrop, it's not hard to understand why Apple wouldn't want to provide a distraction from all of that by way of new product announcements.

On the minus side, Apple's 30-year and counting heritage in the industry is especially unique in that Apple has, pretty much from the very beginning, maintained legions of fawning, adoring, loyal fans who just don't buy the stuff, they also are quick to distinguish Apple's products from the competition to anyone who will listen on their own initiative - without any sort of prodding, nudging, or inducement from Apple. Most companies, notably Microsoft, couldn't buy a fan base so loyal and outspoken. It's also widely believed that the iCult(TM) single-handedly kept Apple alive when it was on it's deathbed in the mid 90's. It would have been nice to see Apple, if for no other reason than to recognize the loyality of it's fan base, acknowledge in some way the 30th year milestone on it's website. The Apple faithful would have eaten it up.

I kind of remember that Jobs pointed out the coming anniversary at this year's Macworld and remarked that they haven't decided what they were going to do about it. Well, looks like they are still thinking...or maybe not.

13. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

One of the few things i dont like about what apple has done in the past 30 years, is thier logo. I loved the Rainbow colors, and it seems to me, its kind of bland to have an apple logo the color of whatever it is on. they shouldnt have changed it.

14. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
  15. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

guys..............

they didn't aknowledge it because it was a sat. tommorow, mark my words, they will have a new website, products, and recognition. after thier last event let us down so much, maybe they decided to skip out on the event, or maybe it will just be a live web stream. sat is not a work day, ppl! do not loose faith!

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

The Apple Homepage we all wanted to see today...

Yep, thats pretty much what I was hoping to see. Hopefully Apple's website on Tuesday bears something akin to this mockup. :)

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I was thinking the same thing virus1. I guess that it was too much to expect any announcements from Apple on Saturday. :(

18. turbopants macrumors regular

Nice mockup. Looking forward to tomorrow or Tuesday. A MacBook would be sweet to see announced.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Indeed, that is what I was also hoping to see announced. :)

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know I can't be the *only* one who wants a switch to XP. Come on now!!! :mad:

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sorry mkrishnan, I can not back you up on this one. :eek: ;)

22. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Ditto that.

I would want a MacBook/iBook.

23. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Same here- but with the absence of a MacBook/iBook option, I just voted for a 30th Anniversary Mac.

24. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Probably true, but there is no reason why they couldn't have at least updated their website over the weekend. I can understand waiting for a weekday to release products, but it seems odd to me to wait until 2 days after your anniversary to post it on your website.

Anyway, I hope your right.

25. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

we all hope i am right..

i am gettin a macbook when (not if) they come out tommorow.

ps. my name is eric too!