The "Apple In The Media" thread

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by pdpfilms, Jan 2, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    Ever since i switched, I've noticed macs EVERYWHERE in the media. TV shows, commercials, feature films, etc. Let's see how many different cameos by apple products we can find.... share here!
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    We used to have threads a while back, "spot the mac" type of things like this. They are now used so often in the media that these types of threads ended up getting branded as spam for people who just wanted to boost their post counts. Saying that you just saw a mac used in yadda yadda is a very quick/easy way for people to get closer to that elusive avatar! :eek:

But yeah, they are all over the place!! :)
  3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    On 60 Minutes tonight they had a segment on Google and they had a 23" Apple monitor on Windows. :mad:
  4. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    That's exactly what prompted me to start this thread. Just saw it a few minutes ago.
  5. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Sep 25, 2004
    Check 24 Seasons 1 and 2 .. Cubes, Graphites, LCDs, Quicksilvers .. they had Dells too then .. and I think they are all Dell now ..
  6. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey good Im gonna check it out. Does it have that Bollywood film goddess?
  7. hcuar macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2004
    I saw that too... How disturbing! I wasn't sure if it was Windows though. I didn't think it looked right (it looked like they were using IE). Maybe they were running a Mac and PC with the same monitor?
  8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    The ones I like are...

...where some master hacker is doing something and they'll have a screenshot and it's almost always Platinum (with a progress bar of some sort and some spinning zooming photos).

You see this a lot in thrillers...

"I'm accessing the deepest security levels of the NSA's mainframe with my G3 powerbook & OS9", our slightly flaky oddball-type 'geek' character (read: not handsome enough to be leading man) exclaims to the crack crew clustered around his monitor...

Never seen Aqua yet... must be watching the wrong movies :)
  9. mms macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2003
  10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Mar 19, 2004
    A series of tubes
    Time Magazine always puts a Classic title bar and scroll bar around pictures of featured web pages or computer products. I wish they would update that stock photo boarder to an Aqua OS X boarder. There was also a two-page photo of Steve Jobs a few weeks ago in Time.
  11. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    While I don't recommend the movie, Blade: Trinity has Macs absolutely all over. The even have shots of the screen where you can see Mac OS X and iTunes when one of the main characters is loading up her iPod from her Powerbook in a car. Some of the big fight scenes have Jessica Biel's character wearing her iPod earphones while she fights. There are also Powermacs and Apple Cinema Displays all over.
  12. ProjektJ macrumors member

Oct 15, 2004
    the only movie i've seen os x in was mib ii. they were running a trimmed down version of it in the car..
  13. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Oh wow, I could go on and on.
    A few ones that come to mind right away...
    The Recruit-Main guy uses Mac w/ OSX. The Dells didn't even use Windows :p
    Final Destination 2-Guy bought an iMac G4 with lottery money right before he died.
    Dodgeball-White has a PowerBook
    Daddy Day Car-Eddie Murphy's character uses a Powerbook
  14. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2005
    At the Airport. UK
    macs in the movies

here are several movies that i have seen, that all have macs in them at some point:

dodgeball: ben stiller with 17" powerbook doing something not pleasant.....getting pizza on it :D

bringing down the house: steve martin with 15" TiBook

final destination 2: 15" powerbook (and iMac G4)

runaway jury: john cusack uses an iMac and an iPod for evidence

zoolander: a tangerine iMac is smashed by owen wilson :mad:

2010: an early mac notebook is used.

gladiator: russell crowe uses the shiny side of an ipod to blind one opponent. lol just kidding :rolleyes:

im sure ive seen more, but thats what i can bring up from memory :confused: