The Apple of 2012

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Macdude2010, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Macdude2010, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to make something to illustrate major events that happened at Apple in 2012, this is the result, please enjoy and leave feedback!

2. macrumors 6502

Tikatika

3. macrumors 6502a

I like the pacing and music choice a lot. The cuts feel well-timed and clean, and the shot sequence mostly feels very fluid (i.e. it doesn't seem visually jumpy to me). I personally think the shots of the iPhone 5 rotating get repetitive. It somehow feels like there are a lot of them. It also feels a little long by the end. You might try a 60-90 second version to address both the overall length and remove some of the visual repetition. I really like the product and logo flip at the end, by the way.

4. macrumors 6502a

The amount of ass kissing in the video made me vomit but the video itself was well done and the song is great.

5. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

This is excellent! Thanks for posting this :)

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Thanks for the input, I kind of felt the same about the iPhone 5, but it was what I had the most clips of, I also was trying to fill up an entire song, so, I can see why you would say it is a bit long

7. macrumors 6502a

Too long, sorry. I think it would be most punchy with 30-60s length. Afterall... Apple has very few products. Overall I like the idea and the video overall. Well done!

8. macrumors 6502

orbital~debris

I think this is really really good! I'm very impressed how well the music and the visuals go together.
    It's handy that Apple's advertising and videos tend to use a white background (or black on occasion), as it helps a project like this gel much more easily.
    I really like the song choice, but I do agree that it could have the last third knocked off - although i mean that in a time sense; not necessarily what's contained in the last third.

I love the retrospective concept you came up with.
    I like that the products - with no descriptive text or captions - speak for themselves.
    The whole project seems very fluid and snappy.
    I can imagine it playing on a loop at an Apple exhibition area after a keynote, like they used to have at Apple Expos here in Europe (and I'm sure they still do in the USA).
    Well done :)

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Due to what everyone is telling me, I am working on a shortened version!

10. macrumors G3

Renzatic

Pretty good, but I'd suggest ending it on a stronger note rather than a slow, quite fade out.

11. macrumors 6502a

I think the 1 minute version is a definite improvement. I agree with this comment about trying to end on a straight cut of the music instead of a fade out, though. I think the original version with Apple as text after the logos was a little punchier, too. Nicely done, though!

12. macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think the 1 minute version is still too long, IMO. Nice concept though.

I'd try a shorter 30 second one - it just feels a bit repetitive.

I like all the different logos at the end - nice touch.

Just some suggestions for the 1 min one:

Don't let the product stop turning before the edit, as I feel it makes it seem a bit disjointed.
    Flip and speed up the rotating iPad at 0:10 - keeps the same direction as previous shot and keeps it fluid.
    The MBP at 0:26 I'd start while it's turning.

Anyway, it's a good start and look forward to see anything else you do!
    What did you use to cut it out of interest?