Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
Deepdale said:
Adios Clay. He was thoroughly disagreeable, petulant and sullen. The only talent I saw him demonstrate was evident during last night's episode ... with further practice maybe he can fine-tune his violin playing and become a street entertainer.

Note: On 11-24, there are two back-to-back episodes being broadcast as the Trump wannabes are narrowed down to the Final Four.
I was surprised clay lasted this long.

My choice for the final 2 are Randal and Rebecca.

next week ....Adam is Gone and.... Alla

Im not understandjing how there can be the final four next week with 2 news episodes, there are only 5 people left. Unless its going to be a "Best/Worst Of" show

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I think it will be close. My guess is adam will go. He does not seem like that strong of a person.

Clay is annoying and stupid. He just had to make a big deal out of everything.

I think the reward was a little stupid. Flying around in a helicopter having Trump say "That buildings mine, so is that one, and that one and that one. And that building has the best roof of all building in NYC, etc". Yes, it is rather amusing. At least it was some 1 on 1 time with Trump.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
what was up with trump picking randal about the fact he got the station number wrong? and trump was all "oh just that alone is worth firing.." and i was astounded by that remark. if you noticed you could see the veins in randals head stutter at that moment in time. i mean heck, randal has done a good job throughout and trump picks on one inconsistancy?

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
CubaTBird said:
what was up with trump picking randal about the fact he got the station number wrong? and trump was all "oh just that alone is worth firing.." and i was astounded by that remark. if you noticed you could see the veins in randals head stutter at that moment in time. i mean heck, randal has done a good job throughout and trump picks on one inconsistancy?

i agree, george was right though, it's not why they lost.

i still think randal will win, he should, rebecca will be 2nd...

alla is just a bitch.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
evoluzione said:
i agree, george was right though, it's not why they lost.

i still think randal will win, he should, rebecca will be 2nd...

alla is just a bitch.

Randal is going to win. Rebecca and Alla I think will be close. Rebecca never seems to stand out that much unlike Alla. Alla is sorta pushy but she always tries to pull the group together and get work done. Randal appears to be a very good speaker though, very confident sounding.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
CubaTBird said:
I can understand a channel #. You think a number mistake is harsh... I used to do QC for a CD printing company, I got my ass reamed because on one job, there was one B that was not of the same font as the rest of the text, and I didnt catch it. The serif of that one font used for that one B was ever so slightly different from the main font being used..... Even after being called on it, and knowing it was wrong, you could barely tell it was a different font, because the two fonts were so damn similar. Now thats tough. It all came down to a slight curvature of one of the edges of the serif, on 8pt text for only one B out of all the text.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
neildmitchell said:
I used to do QC for a CD printing company, I got my ass reamed because on one job, there was one B that was not of the same font as the rest of the text, and I didnt catch it.

neildmitchell ... pack up your serifs. You're fired!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
EJBasile said:
I think the reward was a little stupid. Flying around in a helicopter having Trump say "That buildings mine, so is that one, and that one and that one. And that building has the best roof of all building in NYC, etc".

DT must have a rule that states he only can get through a day if he says his name 200 or more times. It should not be long before he takes the plunge into the toilet paper business ... a perfect match for such an ass.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
anyone else notice something funny during the video editing scenes. It looked to me that it was done in Final Cut on Mac, yet it was for a Microsoft product. :rolleyes: :D
I thought MS gave up on their live office thing.... :confused: :eek:

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
boy... that was a quick ending... (dont want to spoil things for the west coast!)

the finale looks interesting... i think the "trick" is that donald hires the last ones standing...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
who do u think is going to win....
I think the surprize is that they both win cause they are both great for the job. They are both a team IMO
IDK just a thought

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
gwuMACaddict said:
boy... that was a quick ending... (dont want to spoil things for the west coast!)

This is one dream show if you are into endless petty bickering from egocentric individuals who laughingly consider themselves to be among America's best and brightest. The ending was good and I only wish there was a parting reward for the losing team ... I have a good one in mind.

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Heb1228 said:
I agree, I don't think I could choose between the two of them.
I really have to give Rebecca props for going though the entire show (practially) on crutches. Plus, her idea of stealing the megaphones was beautiful.

I was so glad to see Alla get what she had coming to her too. I kept telling my g/f that she's the kind of person who has to take over everything whether she is PM or not. And it finally caught up to her.

betty02

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
Blackpool - UK
I live in the UK but whatched it every night, even though i didn't know who Donald trump was until i did my research, but hey its one of if not the only 'reality tv' pregram i whctched

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Pittsax said:
I was so glad to see Alla get what she had coming to her too. I kept telling my g/f that she's the kind of person who has to take over everything whether she is PM or not. And it finally caught up to her.

I think King Trump could choose between Randall and Rebecca because this is a man who does not seem to suffer from the forms of decision making paralysis that troubles many others.

He is not infallible in his choices, but with him I always think that when he does something different (assuming he actually hires them both during the live finale), that he does it for the novelty factor like when he fired all four during the bloodbath boardroom session weeks ago.

Randall is head and shoulders above Rebecca (then again, most people are) and while she has had some moments in the sun, there is a part of me that feels her lasting this long has something to do with her broken ankle. I know ... color me jaded.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Pittsax said:

The actions of both women in the boardroom was abysmal. The inspiration for incessantly interrupting each other and speaking at the same time must have come from the annoying daily gabfest on ABC known as The View.

My wish for Felisha and Alla would have been to allow them to get into a large barrel together and do some quality bonding while making the drop from Niagara Falls. Aloha to two more immature idiots.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I'm glad it happened this way. Usually all they do is half an episode of the three people interviewing with top execs, and the execs pick who stays ... so I mean why doesn't trump just pick the final two himself. I'm glad I don't have to hear Alla talk anymore, I knew that after Alla was boasting so bad, she'd be gone.

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
puckhead193 said:
anyone else notice something funny during the video editing scenes. It looked to me that it was done in Final Cut on Mac, yet it was for a Microsoft product. :rolleyes: :D
I thought MS gave up on their live office thing.... :confused: :eek:

yes I did :)

Attachments

• tehehehehe.jpg
    tehehehehe.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
  • iouewngvnbiojewwer.jpg
    iouewngvnbiojewwer.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 58

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Kwyjibo said:
I'm glad I don't have to hear Alla talk anymore, I knew that after Alla was boasting so bad, she'd be gone.

Did Apprentice followers read what appeared in some newspapers yesterday about Russian emigrant Alla Wartenberg? The married mother of four worked as a stripper in Las Vegas in the early 90's, and while there met a man who is now on Death Row in Oregon for killing a lesbian couple during the commission of a botched robbery.

The man was fond of Alla and claimed the robbery was to get more money so that he could continue to see her. Former stripper and murder trial witness ... she would have made the perfect apprentice for Trump. Naturally, there are book and movie deals being finalized.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
xli_ne said:
just watched the show for the first time last night. I actually enjoyed it a lot and plan on watchin the whole season.

The new season began last Monday, 02-27, and there have been no specific comments on the eighteen new Trump bootlickers. As usual, this group has its share of annoying cutthroats, but the woman fired in the opener did little, and displayed that deer-in-the-headlights look when Carolyn asked her three times about what she did and how she added value to the team during the first task.

As lackluster as she was, she would have been spared had she only been quiet during the last two minutes of the boardroom. The Emperor Donald had his eyes set on canning Tarek, the Mensa member who struck me as being unimpressive and he makes awkward faces whenever someone makes a comment he disagrees with. He survived but I think he will be dismissed if on the losing team again next week. He made enemies early on and there likely is a knife with his name on it ready to be plunged into his back.

The heavy set man who suggested the corporate name "Killer Instinct" looks like another jewel and previews for tomorrow night's show seem to have him ready to blow. Let's hear from some others who watch this program. I know DT is hard to swallow, but tomorrow we will also get our first look at daughter Ivanka as she contributes in the boardroom. Perhaps Carolyn was inspecting a golf course she oversees for the insufferable one.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I'm more-than-qualified to join Mensa, but I never have because it's the sort of thing you would do JUST so you can tell people "I am in Mensa" (as is self-evident from reading this post). For this Tarek dude to keep harping on and on and ON about how he's in Mensa, and then come thisclose to getting canned in the first episode (saved only by the rank stupidity of another), shows exactly how much Mensa membership is worth:

Nothing.

There's no obvious standout this time around... no Randal. The fat short dude ain't gonna last long, and while I respect Lenny (the Russian) for his obvious grasp of how things work (he was the one who told Summer to keep her mouth shut in the boardroom -- too bad she didn't listen), I don't think he's polished enough to last long in the imagecentric Trump organization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.