Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
The Appstore has been around for few months now, and many apps have settled into their niches and price points. It's interesting how many shoppers view apps with much more scrutiny when it comes to prices. For example, people will always get a free app or maybe when it is on sale for a temporary time - I mean, hey, why not?

I see this as a detriment. There is so much junk on there already, that many developers seem to be finding it necessary to bump prices down, just to be noticed. This is a shame, because it encourages people to 'wait' for apps, especially if it has been at a lower price in the past. Worse yet, some developers appear to be constantly fluctuating their prices so that it seems like they are always offering a discount, or to keep it in the 'top ten' apps of any one moment.

The Appstore shouldn't be run like this. I believe that it will become a mess if it's allowed to continue. Apple should organise the store better and arrange it so developers don't find it necessary to do weird things with their prices or by releasing multiple versions of the same thing.

I'm not sure how it can be done, though. Thoughts on the subject?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.