The Arrested Development Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by themadchemist, Feb 16, 2004.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This is definitely the best new comedy on TV (perhaps the best still-running comedy on TV). At least, so I think. I believe Arrested Development (sunday 9/8 central, Fox) provides a fresh and clever brand of comedy that has been much lacking from the one-liners of your average 21st century sitcom. The running jokes are brilliant (the lesson with the guy missing an arm and "hermano"). I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Arrested Development fans congregate to discuss the show and its quirky humor!

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I caught a couple of episodes when they ran the marathon on New Years. Great show. Almost didn't leave on time that night. :D

I just wish it wasn't on at the same time as Alias. I just started watching that show again and it's a tough choice. The kid having a crush on his cousin is handled very well. The whole show is like that, odd but endearing. And almost seems like it could really happen.

So I'm sure Fox will kill it and replace it with a reality show. :rolleyes:

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The Donald Trump reality show 'The Apprentice' is being picked up for a new season (or more) by NBC.

I'm quite sure Fox will try to copy it and replace 'Arrested Development' with their own version centered around somebody like Mike Tyson.

4. themadchemist thread starter macrumors 68030

themadchemist

can't someone demonstrate that reality shows violate the patriot act? everything else sure does...

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

6. themadchemist thread starter macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Sorry to disappoint you.

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

nah no problem man.

8. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    My wife and just saw our first episode of Arrested Developement this past Sunday. It cracked me up! Sunday is the only time I ever watch t.v., other than glancing at the news before work, so this will probably become a regular for me. I'm already sitting their watching Malcom in the Middle, anyway.

Hey krossfyter! I was just thinking about you the other day. I don't beleive we've ever talked, but I often like reading your posts. I was just wondering if you were still around, and it seems you are!

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hey thanks man. yeah im still rockin it.

i could never leave this site... too eccentric.

take care man.

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Look's like it's time to become an alchoholic and look forward to not remembering NBCs fall line-up...
    At least it's NOT on Fox, yet.

Now all that's left to do is hire Mikey.