Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
mac_head101 said:
Sure! Are you running tiger? If not, I can send you screenshots so you can see how to do certain combinations...:cool:
I'm running Tiger Also, so I have no idea why I can't find that...It should be on the drop down menu when I click the flag, right?

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
EricNau said:
I'm running Tiger Also, so I have no idea why I can't find that...It should be on the drop down menu when I click the flag, right?

Check out this screenshot:

index_input_menu20050412.jpg

If you have the Keyboard Viewer option clicked in your System Preferences, then you should be able to click the flag, select "Show Keyboard Viewer" and go on from there.
-Chase

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
rendezvouscp said:
Yes, but the option (or something really really close to it) was in that same menu bar item in Panther and Jaguar. You have the option on in the International pane, right?

Here's a Tiger screenshot, should be similar to Panther and Jaguar though.

index_input_menu20050412.jpg

If you have the options clicked in your System Preferences, they should be there when you click the flag.
-Chase

OK, that was the problem. I didn't have that option checked, now it all works.
Thanks.
-For the record: I'm running tiger, I just wanted to make sure you were to. ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
rince77 said:
well, i am german... so if you got questions, go ahead:)

ok, here's one

in the states when one travels in a car for 2 or 3 hours, the accent remains basically the same...but when i was in england, i could detect the accent changing in the same period of time of driving

how uniform is the accent in germany? and if it changes are there some regions that cannot understand other regions?

i had very little problem, being from california, understanding peole in west london, but trying to understand a person from scotland was a chore...that is until "trainspotting" came along ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.