the "back" button

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mgargan1, Jan 25, 2004.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I just bought a logitech cordless/wireless mouse for my 17" powerbook, but safari, and Iexplorer wont page back when i click the back button. Does anyone here know how to fix that problem? I've installed the CD and everything.

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Re: the "back" button

what is the 'back' button..is it programming the fourth button of your mouse...i have a belkin wireless mouse..and there is no way to program the fourth button..and i know that for microsoft mouse also..u can just use the additional buttons for expose..
    anyways ..as i said .i m not sure about the back button,,.may be u r talking about something else...

3. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

yea, it's my stupid way of saying the 4th button on the mouse. it's where your thumb rests.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Re: the "back" button

Have you installed the software with the mouse? I am running the 1.1? Logitech control center software for the MX500 mouse which has two buttons on the side (8 in all) which are for forward and back on web pages. They work great for Safari, explorer, etc. Love the mouse. You set preferences in the software which after installed is found in system preferences. You need to install the software then restart to get full functionality of the mouse. good luck

5. GetGo macrumors regular

You can also command key and the left arrow key will take you back. Also the command key and the [ key will take you back. Just incase your using a laptop and have no mouse connected.