The Baker Hotel - Mineral Wells, TX

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, May 1, 2004.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I was doing some work early this week near Mineral Wells, Texas (just west of Fort Worth). I could see a massive structure looming off in the distance so I asked one of the guys at the airport about it, later that day I drove over to see it... and wow. This hotel has got to be one of the spookiest things I've ever seen. The urge to break inside and roam from room to room was intense. Has anyone ever been there, seen it, or even been inside of it?

Here's a few links:

http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasPanhandleTowns/MineralWellsTexas/BakerHotelMineralWellsRWP.htm

http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasPanhandleTowns/MineralWellsTexas/BakerHotelGhosts.htm

http://tlewis777.tripod.com/G.H.O.U.L.I/id38.html

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    yep, i've seen it a few times...i'd love to explore the inside of it, along with some of the other abandoned resort buildings.

my father was born and raised not far from there in a town named Graham...when i was young we'd go visit his parents there and we'd usually take a trip thru mineral wells so he could tell us the folklore of the area.

i haven't been back that way in many years...glad to hear some of the old stuff still remains. btw, there are some amazing old stone courthouses in the surrounding towns.

have a chicken-fried steak for me while you're there. can't get anything like that here in l.a. :(

3. Tromboneking macrumors newbie

Baker and Graham

Hello. How ironic. I live in Graham. I was in Mineral Wells this afternoon and visited the Baker. It is very sad to see it in the shape it is in now. :(

4. Tromboneking macrumors newbie

by the way...

By the way, I have toured the Baker. It is a very unique place. If you do a search for Baker hotel Mineral Wells, there is a web page with tons of photos.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hey i love haunted places, thanks for the link interesting read

6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    small world...i have many wonderful memories of graham...exploring the bluffs, fishing/skiing at PK lake, playing with the tons of relatives i had there...i think there are a few of the " Orr " clan still there. there still might be a building on the square that has the family name on it. memories......:p

7. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Here, here, I grew up in Dallas and really miss the good BBQ. Have some for me too!