Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bap3221

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Im running the 4 GB Ram with 128 Hard Drive. So I bought the 13" version on eBay and the guy shipped it last Thursday....ON SLEEP MODE. I didn't receive it until today and the battery was at 96%. Ive been using it all day today with WiFi since 2 pm and its only at 7 pm. Sorry but i haven't used a mac since the Macbook Pro from 2005. So the battery improvement is huge to me. Especially for something this thin...Its running Yosemite too..

Reactions: motrek

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
good to hear abot the Macbook Air. I'm enjoying the same benefits too in battery life.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Yes, I agree. I have a refurb 2013 11" Air and the battery consistently lasts 8-11 hours on a charge. They definitely undersold this generation's battery performance.

MacBoook160

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, I agree. I have a refurb 2013 11" Air and the battery consistently lasts 8-11 hours on a charge. They definitely undersold this generation's battery performance.

Good to know in my own decision making process.

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Yea I remember the magic of it back when it was with Mavericks. Yosemite kinda made it pretty bad but now I almost always have it plugged in while using so I don't notice. I hope El Captaino makes it better.

bap3221

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
lol Im glad your enjoying your new macbook. Apple is great huh?

Yea i think i am going to get rid of my PC next. If Windows 10 doesn't fix the bugs i have on Adobe and microsoft office, then BYE BYE. Both my work and home PC are pretty high on specs with 3.4 GHz six core processors, 8 GB of RAM. And I ran the disc only version with windows 7 Ultimate without a serial key and it was fine for the majority of the time. As soon as i put the serial key on ultimate, it started force quitting my programs very frequently.

Just can't stand it anymore. Ill get a Mac Mini if thats what it takes.

bap3221

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Yea I remember the magic of it back when it was with Mavericks. Yosemite kinda made it pretty bad but now I almost always have it plugged in while using so I don't notice. I hope El Captaino makes it better.

really? yosemite battery runs well on my computer. The guy shipped it on sleep mode on a Thursday, got it Monday at 95% charge and it lasted me 2 more days on watching videos and browsing the internet. Must be something wrong.

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
really? yosemite battery runs well on my computer. The guy shipped it on sleep mode on a Thursday, got it Monday at 95% charge and it lasted me 2 more days on watching videos and browsing the internet. Must be something wrong.
Its nothing wrong. Reread my post. I had my MBA when Mavericks was out through Yosemite. The battery life was simply better in Mavericks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.