Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
This would be far more interesting if they put a Windows box, an Ubuntu box, and a Mac side by side and carried out the same test. We know Windows is full of holes and that those holes are well publicised, so surely it would be better copy to see what holes our OS and Linux sufer from(if any), then compare the three.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Yeah this happened yesterday; there was a big thing on how to reduce bugs. I just laugh when people complain of viruses as i havent had one and i wont do for a long time if im on a mac.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Apparently there was feature about this on telly. My mum watched it, and she spent the whole journey to school trying (but failing) to convince me that I should get antivirus and a firewall. I explained to her that I had a Mac and didn't need any. People these days :rolleyes:

Applespider

macrumors G4
®îçhå®? said:
Yeah this happened yesterday; there was a big thing on how to reduce bugs. I just laugh when people complain of viruses as i havent had one and i wont do for a long time if im on a mac.

No, they changed the test for today - it's a week-long series that they are running.

Yesterday, they put up the honeypot to see what kind of attacks ran but without letting any of them have access - mainly portscans etc

Today, they actually allowed something to execute to see how easy it was to happen and then to clear up. I think the USB drive was the scariest part...

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Agreed, the USB drive was some freaky stuff...

I haven't received a functioning virus since os9. Hopefully my world remains that way.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
dynamicv said:
This would be far more interesting if they put a Windows box, an Ubuntu box, and a Mac side by side and carried out the same test. We know Windows is full of holes and that those holes are well publicised, so surely it would be better copy to see what holes our OS and Linux sufer from(if any), then compare the three.

Don't be daft!
That would go against the BBC's anti Apple thing that's going on at the moment!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.