The Beast Within (my cereal)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SpookTheHamster, Mar 7, 2007.

1. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

Nov 7, 2004
    A few days ago, I went to pour myself a refreshing bowl of cereal in the morning, to be greeted by a strange noise against the porcelain. A strange item (see attached pictures) was in my cereal. It looks like a mutated Cookie Crisp, which would be OK if I wasn't eating Golden Grahams.

I sent it off to Nestlé, with the top of the box and a letter explaining what had happened. I also asked what it was and how it got there. I got a reply this morning, apparently it had been crushed in transit, and their tests couldn't find out what it was (wtf?!).

However, they did send me back £7 worth of coupons to use for buying cereal! If only I didn't prefer Kellogg's.

Attached Files:

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I think the "tests" probably consisted of "Hey bob what does this look like to you?" "Not sure but it smells like cheerios"
  3. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
  4. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

Feb 5, 2007
    California soon
    thats so funny! its tracking device! it msut be Destroyed!!!! :eek:
  5. notjustjay macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    Canada, eh?
    I think my worst "what's in your cereal" story is a number of years ago when I was visiting relatives in Singapore. I had indulged myself in a bowl of some cool cereal (brand is irrelevant but it was definitely something we did not have back here in Canada). Later that day I had some, uh, pretty severe gastrointestinal difficulties. It was not pleasant at all.

I would not have made any connection to the cereal except later that day someone reported opening that box of cereal and being shocked when a little lizard came crawling out of the box.

(In equatorial countries like this, it is common to see little lizards cling to the ceiling or upper walls of a house, much like we see spiders or even the occasional cockroach. But not so common to eat something they've touched. They are carriers of all manner of nasty things!)
  6. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    I remember waking up one morning to a big bowl of cheerios, poured my milk and sat down to eat. as I started to take my first bite, I noticed something large and black (large enough to be almost asleep and still notice it). Lo and behold it was a huge freaking spider! It was dead but still the thought of being seconds away from eating a juicy spider instead of cheerios was more than enough to shun me away from breakfast for years to come. :(