Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Been watching the site since just before MacWorld 07 (which I attended)... so you make that call. More recently joined. Why do you say that?

Apple does not allow live video or audio feeds of these news releases. You do get live bloggers, often with still photos. Apple posts a "sanitized" version of the event to its website an hour or more after the event with audio and video.

This practice reinforces the famous "Reality Distortion Field".

I suspect this decision is related to prior presentations where computers crashed during the presentation causing embarrassment. All recent events have had "spare hardware" readily available.

I for one think if they announce wifi enabled iTunes downloads for the new iPod Touch, they will also announce an update for iPhone.

Rocketman

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
...I for one think if they announce wifi enabled iTunes downloads for the new iPod Touch, they will also announce an update for iPhone.

Rocketman

I sure hope thats right... with new features/functions!! I will NOT be happy if they are working on a newer version before they get the first version that so many people waited in line for 11 hours (or more) to get, working properly...

tacojohn

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2001
Redwood City, CA
Just to remind everyone, Appleinsider has a pretty popular group that chats during the conference.

If you go to iChat click on File > Go to chat and type "appleinsider"

We're usually in there- it's pretty fun to chat with all the Apple nerds during the event (and before)- a great way to waste more time!

Matto1020

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2007
Do any of the websites do live VIDEO coverage of this event or will it all be blog based?

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
I was joking..Stevenotes are never covered live on television.Maybe a blurb on CNBC..haha

See, if I was Steve Jobs, I'd make sure that all Apple TV units would switch on automatically and stream the media event live to your Tee Vee, and record it too, then subsequently sync it to your iTunes and iPod so you could watch it later in case you weren't at home.

I would also beam a special-edition 256mb iPod shuffle right to your TV like Willy Wonka did with the chocolate bar to get everyone hooked on iPods, uh, who isn't already, and then I'd send Woz over to your place to make you a nice sandwich. And then I'd invite all the admins from all the rumour sites for a magical tour of my computer factory in Korea, where my Oompa Loompas would have little pre-written ditties about whatever unexpected mishaps that might befall them.

But I think my guess is off a bit, he'll probably just talk about iPods.

pubius

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2003
why is today the day that my boss said 'at 1 o'clock i'm taking everyone out for lunch', the horror!

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Japan Apple Store Is Down

I wish I lived in Ginza then I could walk over and see if hte physical store ws re-doing it's window displays!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.