The Benchwarmers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Apr 6, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I got a free pass for an early screening while walking around Camden Yards on opening day. So, the wife and I went to see a movie in the theater for the first time in a long time.

As far as I can recall, this is the first movie that I have been so torn about. I thought is was one of the most mindlessly stupid and utterly ridiculous movies I have ever seen. I can't stand Rob Schneider. But, he was a different Rob here. But, I could not stop laughing. While it was more of a guy movie in the ilk of Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and Dumb and Dumber, I didn't immediately wonder about its ranking in the list of all time great comedies (I did with the others).

It was, however, an intereting insight into the maturity of Adam Sandler. While his earlier productions (this is a Happy Madison movie) were silly and pointless and sort of just end, this actually had a nice little moral behind it. I was actually a bit touched.

Does this tie into to the How do you know you're getting older thread? Am I just getting older? I don't know. But, if you like stupid movies it isn't bad and you may enjoy it in the theater. But, for most it is a Netflix movie. As a side note, I hadn't noticed how leathery Racquel Welsh's skin has gotten - it's bad. Molly Sims' skin is better, but I worry for her as she gets older.

2. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Raquel Welsh?? I thought it was Rachel Hunter....

3. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Raquel Welch, Rachel Hunter (you're right) the're all the same to me. All unattractive compared to my wife. Maybe Kathy Ireland back in the day could come close, but that's about it.